View Full Version : Clapton at Mansfield 6/4

EricW
06-05-2008, 11:48 AM
Took the day off today to recover from EC's show last night at Comcast center(formerly tweeter). I was completely blown away. We were lucky to get seats about 15 rows from the stage.
Great mix of songs. Some new arrangements on some old classics A couple of nice slow blues songs with great solos. Band was very tight. He also performed some upbeat and fast songs that were really played well. I wasn't sure what to expect after seeing him in 2006. He had 2 other guitar players up with him then and I thought he gave away too many solos. Thought he may be slowing down some. Last night he was dead on and as good as ever, with tons of energy.

Now off to fish for some freshwater toothy critters.

BigFish
06-05-2008, 04:09 PM
I was there last night! Awesome show! He sure makes that black strat wail! I have seen him maybe 8 times......first time I have seen him use the acoustic I think? Also played a ton of Derrick and the Dominos stuff which I think is some of his best! I would like to have heard more Cream....or any! Only one I think he played was Political Blues? I also saw him in 06'......he only had Doyle Bramhall with him then just as last night though I agree...last time he let him carry too much weight! He was powerhouse last night! :kewl:

basswipe
06-05-2008, 04:17 PM
Jane and I went to Robert Plant and Alison Krauss at Mohegan lastnight.:kewl:

Even though I'm a metalhead I can appreciate real talent and them two got it!!!

BigFish
06-05-2008, 06:36 PM
I saw Plant at the Tweeter/Comcast Center (it was Great Woods then) with Stevie Ray Vaughn....many years ago! What a night! Plant was awesome! Tall Cool One tour!