View Full Version : mixed bag report

niko
06-08-2008, 05:22 PM
i took the oldtimers out on sat. we splashed the boat @ 4:30 and quickly found some birds. the schoolies were on rain bait and were a little fussy. cocahoes worked the best and the fly guys near us were doing ok. soon there was a crowd and we went looking for pogies. they were there but spread out. no luck snagging and my net was at home. we buzzed outside the harbor and loaded up/ bait. he headed out deeper and tried for cod. w/ a few cod in the box we moved back in and sent down the livies. the tide was slack and my expectations were low. i was wrong. the fish were there and hungry. we banged out 6 fish, all released, all around 25 pounds. time for flounder. we moved back into the harbor and there was a flotila of boats all on the hook. we made a dozen drifts and scraped out a modest few. the old guys were starting to fade and it was time to come in around 1. a fun day w/ my friends. boy was there alot of logs out there, i'm sure someone is working on their boat this week. next week fluke.

thefishingfreak
06-09-2008, 11:48 AM
nice. sounds like a great day.

I saw all that lumber floating around too.

zacs
06-09-2008, 12:23 PM
that sounds like a great day!

niko
06-09-2008, 03:50 PM
both of you have open invites anytime, someday i hope to fish w/ each of you.

Striper1
06-09-2008, 04:10 PM
nice. sounds like a great day.

I saw all that lumber floating around too.

Yea 12.2 tide end of last week that's a big tide lots of float-sum and jet-sum in the water :smash::grins:

it's the ones just under the water line that get you:wall:

Niko: I have found just about the same fishing around Boston harbor...
I think it's time for ..
the night shift:fishin:

there was a lot of bait:spam: in the harbor this AM

niko
06-09-2008, 04:45 PM
with this weather it feels like time for the night shift.i gonna sneak out one evening this week and see if i can find those fish headed north. next weekend fluke and seabass.