View Full Version : Just on NBC news

Backbeach Jake
06-08-2008, 05:34 PM
Why the hell is gas 1.00 a gallon less in Mexico!? Just want to know.

spence
06-08-2008, 05:47 PM
I'd wager because demand is less. Compared to nearly anywhere else on the planet we drive a lot.

-spence

Nebe
06-08-2008, 07:16 PM
taxes

EarnedStripes44
06-09-2008, 03:38 PM
my old man got back from cancun and said the same thing about the gas being cheaper.

Circlehook
06-09-2008, 03:41 PM
I heard that the US gets 40% of its oil from Venezuala. Transport to Mexico would be cheaper than to the States from Venezuala. Mexico also has its own refineries. That right there is worth a buck.

Circlehook
06-09-2008, 03:45 PM
Sorry, I was mistaken. It was Canada. We get more oil imported into the US from Canada each day than the Middle East. I was surprised to hear that.

hulkyj61
06-09-2008, 11:35 PM
This is the EIA website and it shows where our oil comes from.
http://www.eia.doe.gov/pub/oil_gas/petroleum/data_publications/company_level_imports/current/import.html
Oil in Mexico is much cheaper because it is still a developing country. They dont have the income for everyone to own cars, like the US does. Therefore the people rely on public transport, and the demand for oil in the country is much lower. Since the oil comming out of the ground is not costing $130 a barell, it is just a fututes marker, the oil companies have the ability to sell at prices that fit demand in that nation. Also they have tons of oil to sell that they do not need, so the profits then benefit the country the oil comes from.

Hope that answers your question, and hope everyone soon realizes that its not just the saudi's that are raking in money from us.

Flaptail
06-18-2008, 04:10 PM
In Iran it's .29 cents American per gallon. The Saudis and other gulf states "friendly" to us don't have to join open Jihad and Al-Qaida to kill us they just go where ut hurts the americans most, our pocket books.

That way they still remain "allies" while secretely smile at how they got us by the short ones without bloodshed.

Got to love it.

Raven
08-25-2008, 04:33 PM
they all drive hybrid vehicles that run on excess bean gas
thus there is less demand than in the USA