View Full Version : SaltWaterSportsman backpage article: Commerical Bass Fishing

Mr. Sandman
10-30-2002, 01:07 PM
should check it out. :af:

StarsnStripers
10-30-2002, 01:11 PM
Mr. Sandman...I just picked up that issue last night...the november one anyone, and the last page is "Market Bass"
Is this what your talking about??

StarsnStripers
10-30-2002, 01:12 PM
OOPS, I mean, Market Stripers
:smash: :smash:

Mr. Sandman
10-30-2002, 02:28 PM
yeah thats it. I am not as mad as that Icon looks but all that fish @ $1.80/lb seems like a friggin waste to me.

Marcus
10-30-2002, 04:19 PM
funny a good friend of mine and Great fisherman and I were discussing this topic just the other day and agree that if they harvest less they coud make as much or more money and work less hours.Ie

let us say that the boats go out and only get harvest 100lbs per boat (in maybe 3 hours) they may get 3.00 per pound so then the boats get greedy and want to double or triple their money and bring in 200lbs or 400lbs of fish but every other boat does the same and the market is now flooded and the price falls to 1.65 per lb now they are fishing more (6-8 hours per day)and making less and the saga continues from there.

StarsnStripers
10-30-2002, 11:48 PM
Yea, It is a real waste, aren't they concerned in any way about the future of stripers?!

Striper SniperX
10-31-2002, 01:25 AM
SnS,
How Much $ Did That(magazine) Cost ? I would like to pick one up ----

but i put an order for 3 free issues at www.SaltWaterSportsman.com So My luck -- i will buy a copy and the next day my free one will come in the mail :smash: (lol)

With that Magazine Money I could buy like 2 tautog rigs with that (and a 50cent continental b&t Soda) lol!

let me know how much they cost though anyways....

P.S.
I read the Online Add of that SwS article on 'Striped-Bass Sales',,,,Yeah it is a waste!---
they can't STOP striped-bass marketing
but they should raise the price per pound so the quota on the boats harvesting them is Less... Oh well,,,We'll see :(

Thanks!

Have a good one!

Clammer
10-31-2002, 03:22 PM
No matter what the fisherman will fish to the max allowed, good price ,bad price
I see it, in clamming,when the price drops lower than I feel is fair I either dig less but enough or switch to hogs that usually hold their low price, Yet many diggers have a $$ amount that the figure they need a day ,or week so they dig longer to reach that amount=================I never could figure that out , the dealers drops the price either becouse he loaded with product or hes smokin you, so the digger brings in more clams for less $$ GO FIGURe

ONe thing inoyiced in my time commercial fishing is that the majority of fisherman have no idea about supply & demand

:smash: :smash: :smash:

StarsnStripers
10-31-2002, 03:33 PM
yea, fisherman don't kno sh** about economics...
Mike, that magazine is 4.99 at borders plus tax,
and i don't know if you get that one in as a smaple issue, since it says please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery, expect the december or january issue.:D

Striper SniperX
10-31-2002, 03:54 PM
LOL, true,,, But i think they will send me an OLD issue,, cause it's free... like a Past Issue just to get to know how the Magazine is...
I filled for it 2 weeks ago

StarsnStripers
10-31-2002, 04:43 PM
No SSX, I wont get off the the forum if u pay me $10.00, i kno I shoudve PMed u bak with that

Scotch Bonnet
10-31-2002, 04:48 PM
I'll give you $50..............;)

Striper SniperX
10-31-2002, 10:25 PM
lol
as you notice,, we all stoped careing,,,and agree with john on how to stop arguments from happening ,,, false but anyways

So i am going to be the smart one and say,
"Okay Vic, Have a nice day, vic!!!,,,Good Bye, Vic!!" :smash:

BYE!

Striper SniperX
10-31-2002, 10:27 PM
Hmm,
$25. of that $50. has my name on it , huh ?

StarsnStripers
11-01-2002, 03:42 PM
bein a pretty smart one SSX for someone who skips school everyday since the beginning of September
lol J/K:D
BTW, not a bad way to get rich, huh? Sign up for forums and get paid to be thrown out...u should try it, you got a natural talent for the job...JK lol:p
Also, sorry we got cut off on the phone, my cell phone battery ran out and I couldn't call you at night, I called right afta school today but your mom said you were still asleep ... call me bak whenever you see this!

Striper SniperX
11-02-2002, 01:48 AM
Ouch, That Hurt :(

Shhhhhs :mad: ,,Sure,,,I go to School ... every day ;)
:smash: i went for a few weeks,,,untill my demands are met, (anti-sped) Classes,,,as well as other stuff (can't say that here) Then i will be happy to go.... ;)

I myself will leave if you give me $50 , lol!! j/k :) (not really)

I Wasn't Sleeping at 2:30pm ;) i was watching TV with my Eye Closed :),,,Next time tell my mom,, it's "Really-Important,,Wake Him Up!"

BTW, I was Still Talking About Cod-Fish for about 5mins till i noticed you got disconnected (Cheap Nokia) j/k..
Did you get my Text Message i sent ? or did the Batt. Die all the way ?

Now,,Before anyone get's mad,,,let's hop back on the TOPIC TRAIN,,,,

Anything About RI in the latest SWS magazine??

see ya!

StarsnStripers
11-03-2002, 09:35 AM
well yesterday after i dropped you off at about 3PM I was calling you all the way till 9... U were still sleeping I was told, now I'm gonna give it a try...
I want u to get up so we can get some clams and qhoggs at connimicut, my dad says he'll make some stuffies for us all...
WAKE UP!:cool: