View Full Version : subway grump

Nebe
06-09-2008, 01:14 PM
got a foot long meatball sub for lunch today-

on the very last bite I discovered a triangular piece of plastc bag- probably the bag that the meatballs were shipped to the store in..

Had I actually swallowed that thing, I bet I would have been screwed.

If my kid found that in his food, i would be going balistic.

zacs
06-09-2008, 01:20 PM
you should tell them. even if you don't care... they can't improve if they don't know about problems.

oh and in RI it should always be called a meatball grinder.... i don't care where you buy it:jester:

UserRemoved1
06-09-2008, 01:40 PM
I got that once too Nebe. Never complained but it was nasty. I don't eat there much anymore. I used to like them alot but some of the sanitary habits leave alot to be desired in our local one so I don't bother anymore. You may have gotten sick if it got stuck somewhere, surely some intestinal discomfort but I would bet you'd pass something like that.

I always try to support our local pizza guy, they deliver but it's getting expensive.

Nebe
06-09-2008, 02:25 PM
oh I told them and got a free lunch out of it..

:angel:

UserRemoved1
06-09-2008, 03:03 PM
hey just don't get the meat balls right :eek5:

chris L
06-09-2008, 03:22 PM
got a foot long meatball sub for lunch today-

on the very last bite I discovered a triangular piece of plastc bag- probably the bag that the meatballs were shipped to the store in..

Had I actually swallowed that thing, I bet I would have been screwed.

If my kid found that in his food, i would be going balistic.

your right better you than your son . Man they would have wished they made em better if it was your son .

good thing you saw it . I once had a pice of glass in a salad from a restaurant . man was I pissed and everyone in the restaurant was checking their dishes completely before eating .

MotoXcowboy
06-09-2008, 10:48 PM
my favorite fast food treat is hair in my sandwiches...its the best. seems I always get somebodys hair in my food no matter where I go. even nice places. I agree with you guys though..subway seems to have gotten a little less appetizing lately. I try avoiding all fast food, nothing but cheap crap it seems.

spence
06-09-2008, 10:51 PM
I try avoiding all fast food, nothing but cheap crap it seems.
For the most part I'd agree...although there are some decent and healthy options at Wendys and even McDo that aren't terrible. I try to avoild them at all cost, but sometimes when I'm on the road there's no other options.

I do miss my beloved Taco Bell though, think outside of the bun.

-spence

Nebe
06-10-2008, 11:57 AM
my all time favorite is the #9 from d'angelo's... mmmmmm:drool:

striperman36
06-10-2008, 12:08 PM

Vote for #9 with xtra hot's

fishbones
06-10-2008, 12:10 PM

That's a great sandwich, but the best #9 is from Magic Hat.:cheers:

D'Angelo's is the only chain sandwich shop I'll go to. I can't get a steak and cheese or hot pastami sub from a place that doesn't have a grill. I refuse to pay for a sandwich that's made from meat kept warm in a steam pan.

Jimbo
06-10-2008, 01:04 PM
If it's one thing I hate it's finding food that's been tainted. That's why I'm more apt not to go out. Since this is turning into a "who makes the best subs" thread, a dedicated employee who happens to be my daughter also told me this would never happen with a sub from Jersey Mike's.

chunk
06-14-2008, 12:03 AM
When I used to work in NYC I would always eat at this one salad bar until I found the head of a mouse in my food. I told the owner and he says that the rice I got was animal rice.:err:

Adam_777
06-14-2008, 01:19 PM

Aaaahhh the #9 ! How I miss you old friend.Hope to see you soon with extra cheese.

kevin d
06-16-2008, 09:37 AM
That's why I prefer quiznos, they burn the plastic and hair off before they wrap it. :)

fishbones
08-06-2008, 10:21 AM
Nebe, you think your subway grump was bad? Check out this guy down in..............where else but Florida.

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/world/wire/sns-ap-odd-911-sandwich-call,0,4375080.story

Raven
08-20-2008, 06:24 AM
I once had a pice of glass in a salad from a restaurant . man was I pissed and everyone in the restaurant was checking their dishes completely before eating .
~
i once tipped back a Heineken bottled beer at a bar and a chunk of broken bottle
went right into my throat and i instantly hurled all of it back on the floor knowing....this is all wrong....

the piece was totally invisible .... and i would have required surgery
had i swallowed it...
Nasty when a piece of foreign object winds up
where you'd never expect it...

Glad it wasn't your kiddo Nebe ....
as it could have blocked of his wind pipe.