View Full Version : Portland, ME Weekend

Jimbo
06-09-2008, 02:06 PM
I'll be in Portland all weekend for wedding festivities. Looks like no more than a block or two from the hotel to the waterfront. Is it tough to find a spot to take a few casts if I need to rid myself of in-laws for a while? Probably can't stray far, but I noticed some else from Portland posted a catch recently. Is it worth taking a rod along in that area?

The Dad Fisherman
06-09-2008, 02:31 PM
3 Dollar Dewey's for beers works in a pinch :hee:

Pete F.
06-09-2008, 03:07 PM
As long as it's not your wedding.

Jimbo
06-09-2008, 03:20 PM
As intriguing as that seems, in a Yearning for Zion Ranch sort of way, alas, one wife is plenty. It's my wife's nephew, but we learned that as of Sunday he's in the hospital with a ruptured appendix. He's sure going to be the life of the party. This fishing while wedding is getting even more plausible. Any chance DiMillo's has rod holders on the water side?

hulkyj61
06-09-2008, 04:48 PM
haha gotta love Deweys!!! Where is the hotel? and what water are we talkin about, because the city is basicly sourounded by water. The eastern prominade to the back cove isnt a bad place, nor is the area near the Portland Lighthouse in cape Elizabeth south of the city. I got a couple of 40"s in saco, about 10miles south of portland this past weekend so there are fish out there. Check your PM.

code207
06-09-2008, 05:45 PM
yes definitly i caught a few this weekend! basicly you are going to be 15 minutes from alot of good spots.

hq2
06-10-2008, 08:38 AM
If you have a car and can get up early in the morning, I'd check out the Spurwink, about 10 miles south. Good fishing there on the outgoing.