View Full Version : maritime skiff repair...

mrstriper
06-11-2008, 08:30 PM
looking to get the cigarette lighter adapter working for a spotlight...( navigation only..I swear...;))...where can I get a manual to address all the wires and fuses...Thanks

JeffH
06-11-2008, 10:48 PM
No manual I'm aware of. Follow the wiring back to most likely the fuse block and check the fuse. If the fuse is good spray some WD in the adapter if it's still bad my guess is the adapter is shot. Pull it out, throw it away and take a trip to your local Marine Supply for a replacement and rewire accordingly. The only wiring diagram I got with my Maritime was the one for the engine which has the running lights circuit, key switch etc as part of the wiring harness.

Rick Ackley
06-12-2008, 07:17 AM
Go buy a SS replacement. The thing sort of unscrews apart, yes it's two pieces. There are two wires, a red, fused wire going to the lug on the center, and a black ground that attaches with a spade. Nothing too difficult as long as you have access. Good luck, and enjoy the convenience.

ProfessorM
06-12-2008, 04:39 PM
Stay out of there at nite you will hurt yourself. Easy fix like said above, let your captain do it.

Slipknot
06-12-2008, 04:49 PM
Stay out of there at nite you will hurt yourself. Easy fix like said above, let your captain do it.

I agree :agree: with Paul

just replace the thing, they go bad easy in salt water, the wiring is most likely not the culprit.

take me with you at night, I can do that for ya or your captain can.