View Full Version : RIP Brody

RickBomba
06-12-2008, 09:35 PM
A true friend to Mikey and I...our lax goalie. He loved many, many of us and I think that at least Bazza remembers him during his student teaching at SH Middle. Kevin was a true friend, and #^&#^&#^&#^&y used to fish with his dad when we were kids.
I'll miss you forever Kevin!
LAKE PLACID — Kevin John Broderick, age 36, died on May 17, 2008 after a nearly four-year battle with Ewing’s sarcoma.

A native of Holyoke, Mass., Kevin lived in Lake Placid for the past nine years, where he worked as a teacher of AP U.S. history and served as an assistant hockey coach and goaltender coach at the National Sports Academy.

A 1995 graduate of the College of the Holy Cross in Worcester, Mass., Kevin was a standout collegiate goaltender and a 1995 ECAC East All-Conference First Team selection as well as the winner of the 1991 Bessone Award given to the best hockey player in western Massachusetts.

His passions in life included teaching, spending time with family and friends, reading, and sports, including World Cup Soccer, golf and the Boston Red Sox.

Kevin embodied the motto, “Love, Compassion and Strength,” and inspired others through his own life, his easygoing and caring way, and his generous nature. Kevin had a gift for bringing people from different backgrounds together in a spirit of unity and cooperation.

Throughout his tenacious battle with cancer he took the time to comfort and support other patients who were suffering, including children, adolescents and adults. He also cheered and strengthened his family, care-givers, doctors and nurses with his tremendously positive spirit.

Kevin leaves behind the love of his life, Andrea St. John, whose love gave him such joy and happiness; his parents, Tom and Elaine Broderick of Deerfield Beach, Fla.; his sister Kelly Moss and her husband Joe of Santa Monica, Calif.; his brothers: Michael and his wife Suzanne of West Merses, England, Thomas and his wife Nicole of Lake Placid, and James of Shrewsbury, Mass.; as well as his nieces and nephews: Jonathan, Jameson and Alena Moss, Megan Broderick and Morgan and Kate Broderick; his aunts, uncles and cousins.

The Broderick family wishes to extend a special thanks to all of those who helped Kevin during his treatment and brought him joy during a difficult time, including but not limited to: his caregivers, the doctors, nurses, staff, patients and the families of Sloan Kettering Memorial Hospital, the students, faculty and staff of the National Sports Academy, his friends and teammates at the College of the Holy Cross, his friends in Holyoke, Mass., Randy and Mindy Levine and the New York Yankees, who treated Kevin with compassion and class even though he remained a loyal and diehard fan of the Boston Red Sox, High Peaks Hospice, and the great and generous people of Lake Placid.

Friends may call on Tuesday, May 20 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at the Clark Funeral Home in Lake Placid. Private funeral services will be held at the convenience of the family.

If you would like to share a story or remembrance, please send an e-mail to broderick@northwoodschool.com'>broderick@northwoodschool.com. Tax-deductible donations in Kevin’s honor can be made to the Adirondack Community Trust: Kevin Broderick Fund, 2284 Saranac Ave., Lake Placid, NY 12946.

Kevin will live forever in our hearts and memories, and we look forward to one day seeing him again.

BigFish
06-12-2008, 09:43 PM
Wow Rick...so very sorry for your loss. Sounds like your friend packed alot of living into a life cut tragically short. RIP.

RickBomba
06-12-2008, 09:48 PM
Kevin Broderick was possibly the best goaltender in all of Western Mass during the years of 1987-1989. He left to pursue better tidings in Scandinavia in 1989, and was extremely successful.
I wish that I could convey what losing this very special friend means to me.
My heart will always be empty without you around, Brody. You always kept my ass out of trouble.
I miss you more than words can say!
Hay cono...Bomba

Slingah
06-13-2008, 05:39 AM
sorry to hear of the loss of your friend Rick & Mike...

JohnR
06-13-2008, 05:56 AM
Sorry to hear of Brody's passing. He will be missed

tynan19
06-15-2008, 09:50 AM
Rick, sorry for your loss. He was a great person.

Tagger
06-15-2008, 03:53 PM
sorry for your loss Rick and Mikey ... T&P's

chief10
06-15-2008, 05:40 PM
Sorry for the loss of your friend.

afterhours
06-15-2008, 05:51 PM
condolences guys...the good ones always leave us to soon...

Rappin Mikey
06-16-2008, 10:40 AM
RIP Kevin. Great goalie, greater person.

Rockport24
06-16-2008, 12:03 PM
condolences guys
sounds like a pretty amazing guy, very sad news

The Iceman 6
06-16-2008, 01:22 PM
Sorry for your loss Bombas. Seems like an awesome friend. Goalie's are a unique bunch...

Ice