View Full Version : WOW! What A Game!!

BigFish
06-12-2008, 10:49 PM
Amazing! I had them out mid-way into the 2nd quarter! I even shut the game off but thought better of it and turned it back on! Glad I did cause' that was a fantastic come from behind win!!!:btu:

Once again...."we are living here in "Allen" town!:bgi:

Raider Ronnie
06-12-2008, 10:53 PM
Wow is right !!!

Bill L
06-12-2008, 11:26 PM
You aint kidding, I almost shut the game off in the second, holy smokes! :jump::jump:

Offshore24
06-13-2008, 05:35 AM
I did shut it off. Didn't set the recorder and went to bed. putz

JohnR
06-13-2008, 06:00 AM
I was working on gear and kept glancing up seeing the it get closer and closer through the 4th. Finished up the gear and watched - great comeback & win

MrHunters
06-13-2008, 06:29 AM
i took a 20 minute snooze in the 3rd when i heard them say "Back down by 20 AGAIN" woke up to down by 7.

WHAT THE!

AWSOME So glad I watched it!

fishsmith
06-13-2008, 07:31 AM
:claps: to Doc Rivers as much as any player, I was going crazy, thank God my calls for Big Baby to get in there were not answered.

What a comeback, the lakers 3pointer at the the end of half did look to be the nail in the coffin.

GO CELTICS!!!

Slipknot
06-13-2008, 09:02 AM
WOW is right. They got off to a wicked slow start while the Lakers were on fire. That second half was Celtic basketball:uhuh: I'm glad I stayed up to watch it even though I got up at 3:30 am to go fish, it was a lot easier getting up after a win than it would have after a loss.

I see a Fathers Day win and world championship for the Boston Celtics

Ray Allen was huge last night:claps:

FishermanTim
06-13-2008, 12:29 PM
It's some much more interesting when you have a "team" like the C's and not just "supporting cast of players" like the Lakers.

In each of the playoff series you couldn't tell who was going to have the hot hands, so defensively the opponents were screwed. Sure, we let a few games get away from us, but they didn't spell our doom, and they weren't decisive games.
Just like the Pats and the Sox, if you've got a strong "TEAM" unity, you definitey control your own destiny.

Did anyone else find the announcing to be just a little shaded towards the west?
I swear the announcers were in love with Kobe, and would have his kids if they could. They continued to lay on the compliments EVEN WHEN HIS SHOOTING WAS CRAP!

Let's wrap this up on Sunday for Father's Day (NOT "My Baby's Daddy's Day):smash:

EarnedStripes44
06-13-2008, 03:50 PM
crybabies

FishermanTim
06-13-2008, 04:07 PM
Doc Rivers made a comment after the first game in LA regarding the "phantom" fouls that seemed to be plaguing Paul Pierce, and how Pierce was handling them. I goes to show you just how grounded the Celtics are as a team when the coach doesn't let his players let their emotions get the best of them. Instead of having a 10 second tantrum with their arms flailing, trying to draw attention to themselves, they give a normal reaction of about 2 seconds and then get back to the game. Have you noticed that Kobe seems to think that ALL foul calls should go his way? Maybe if he did follow his own advice and "down a glass of wine, a bottle of beer and a few shots" he might come down to this little place we call "Earth".

As for any comparison between him and Michael Jordan, it would be that they both ALWAYS wanted the ball with the game on the line. The only difference is that Jordan knew what he was doing.

american spirit
06-13-2008, 04:47 PM
Dude, booyaavich got schooled by allentown. Awesome. that spazz defense if annoying. :jump1:

ProfessorM
06-13-2008, 05:56 PM
Jesus takes him to school. Nice scott tissue defense. I would love to see them win it in front of the opposing teams fans, the best way to do it IMO.