View Full Version : Bad news for me

basswipe
06-13-2008, 07:08 AM
My dad's medical issues are now worse.He fell yesterday morning and was on the floor all day long until I stopped by after work.He's in pretty bad shape.My priorities are now going to be taking care of him so I don't how fishing or posting I'll be doing this year.

Bronko
06-13-2008, 07:34 AM
Hang in there basswipe. I hope he feels better.

spence
06-13-2008, 09:26 AM
Family is more important than fishing. Hang in there...

-spence

redcrbbr
06-13-2008, 11:26 AM
Like Spence said, family is more important than fishing. I hope your dad recovers to where he is independant again soon.
Getting old sucks, and you are making it much easier to deal with by being there for him. Your a good son.

Rappin Mikey
06-13-2008, 12:15 PM
Hope he gets better soon.

Goose
06-13-2008, 06:35 PM
Look at the bright side ,,,ya get at spend more time with your pop's

justplugit
06-13-2008, 07:46 PM
Sorry to hear Basswipe.
Hope all goes well for both of you.

basswipe
06-14-2008, 01:12 PM
Nothing broken but this fall has now delayed his much needed neck surgery by three weeks.That's 3 weeks in a hospital without being able to do anything for himself.

And now I'm going through the whole power of attorney,bank account and bill paying stuff and he can't even hold a pen to sign anything.

I'm pretty tired right now.

Adam_777
06-14-2008, 01:14 PM
Hoping all goes well for you and your family also !

basswipe
07-14-2008, 08:06 PM
Pop's coming home this Friday.

Its been a battle getting his house ready and honestly now its only just begun.

I'm tired and scared at the same time.I hope I'm(and Jane) up to this task.Hope no...I have to be.

gone fishin
07-14-2008, 09:44 PM
Basswipe - you have a hard future ahead, but I applaud you for taking charge and helping Pop. Tough time for Pop and you and Jane. Hope all goes well!

Crafty Angler
07-15-2008, 01:32 AM
I've been there, Norm and I know how difficult it can be.

Just keep doing what you're doing, which is being a good and loving son. Don't worry, you'll find the strength when you need it.

And the fishing will be there for you when it's appropriate for you to do it.

Hang in, buddy - if you need anything give me a shout, you've got my number and I'm not that far away.

Rick Ackley
07-15-2008, 05:41 AM
Thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery, and to you and the family. Stay tough. It will all work out.

basswipe
07-15-2008, 06:50 PM
Not to be.Rehab has determined pop isn't safe to come home.Nursing home again.

What's next?I almost can't take it and yet I must.Nothing worst than watching an 80 yr old man who happens to be your father have a complete breakdown because he can't go home.

This really is overwhelming.

Slipknot
07-15-2008, 10:40 PM
:(That's gotta be tuff basswipe
hang in there man
you'll find the strength to get through it.

GattaFish
07-15-2008, 10:47 PM
Some of the hardest things in life are the most important,,,, Hang in there ,,,,

tynan19
07-16-2008, 03:15 PM
I work in a hospital so I see it every day. Be there for your father as it is very hard for someone so independent to become dependent for the first time. Best of luck.

basswipe
07-16-2008, 04:47 PM
His house is ready for him to come home when that time comes.Bars amd rails everywhere.Throw rugs gone.Seams between rugs filled with scraps and glued tight.Metal guy in the process of fabricating outdoor rails.

justplugit
07-16-2008, 06:30 PM
BW, your heart is in the right place and the strength you need will follow.

tynan19
07-16-2008, 08:02 PM
Also some sort of life alert would be helpful. That way if he falls again he only needs to push a button.

FishermanTim
07-17-2008, 09:44 AM
Basswipe, you are truly a good son.
What amazes me is that there really are people that look at caring for their parents as a chore, or an inconvenience. Who do you think took care of them when they needed help?
I think of it as a previledge, an honor to be able to give something back to a parent when they feel like their whole world is crashing down on them.
You may have times when you feel like you aren't doing enough, or that it doesn't seem to make a difference, but believe me it does.
As I started off with, you are truly a good son.
I hope your dad get better, and is home soon.

BigFish
07-17-2008, 09:52 AM
I hope your Dad comes home soon BW! I wish you both the best!:wave:

chris L
07-17-2008, 02:31 PM
best of luck have been there myself . The best thing to do is remember no matter how hard it seems " you can do it " . your dad may not beable or willing to tell you but he appreciates what you do for him . everything else doesnt matter but your dad . I miss my dad and wish I could have done more for him . If you ever need my help just ask , Im a good listener and have been through it with my dad and father in law .

its really hard for your dad to not be independant any longer .
your a good man !!!!