View Full Version : Deadliest Catch: Alaskan Storm video game

GonnaCatchABig1
06-15-2008, 06:30 PM
the official release date is this tuesday the 17th for xbox360.. (how ever some are reporting it is in some stores now and or that it is already shipping.) and next tuesday for pc.

i just ordered a copy hopefully be here tomorrow..

just figured i would let you guy know. since i know there are alot of fans of the show. the difference between the two other than the pc being $20 cheaper, is that the pc has no multiplayer support (as of right now may change in the future) and the 360 version has xbox live multiplayer. (where you can ask other real people if they are on the crab and comepete and the such)

from everything i have seen and read the game stays very true to the show which stays very true to the job. and the hansen brothers especially had a great deal to do with the making of the game.

the main mode is you take control of yer own boat. (you can pick from a couple on the show including the northwestern, and cornelia marie. or make your own. choosing from hull designs colors etc.) before you even leave port you must hire a crew choose how many pots you want, how much fuel etc. everything you pick changes the performance of the boats. from what sig says. the boats handle very lifelike. and i am really looking forward to trying to navigate some 40ft waves.

i would never have the guts to actually go be a crab fishermen.. but always wondered if i could get on the crab.. should be a blast.

there are also a handful of mini games.. like hook throwing.

so if yer kid (or you) has an xbox.. might be worth taking a look. i know i cant wait for my copy to get here. just thought i'd let ya guys know about it.

now... what to name my boat....

GonnaCatchABig1
06-17-2008, 11:01 PM
finally got it.. must say so far its a pretty solid game.
they didnt try and spice it up and add way too much action.. infact.. as of now, nice clear skys calm water... BORING AS HELL! got the auto pilot on, dropping pots. other than sounding the buzzers to let them know to drop it.. not much else to do.

pulling up pots is another story.. one missed throw and throws everything out of whack..

they do throw in random mechanical failures and crew injuries. (those arent as random) and the weather systems move across the ocean in real time.

as far as simulations go.. this is a good. one. cant wait to finish my season. and see how i do.. sig is out there in the northwestern some where.. he asked me where the crab were earlier on the radio.. i told him not where i was.. hehe.. hey like he said.. gotta lie.. lots of good video and info pop ups too. its great should really check it out.