View Full Version : 3 day plugs...

Diggin Jiggin
06-17-2008, 05:57 AM
Well, I always said I wouldn't build when it was time to fish but I've beat on and lost so many pencils this year already that I had to restock.

We've got potentially good plugging tides coming up tomorrow thru friday so these were made very fast.

Turned,drilled, epoxy sealed saturday.
primed,heated,painted,heated, scratch coat sunday.
wired,weighted and epoxied after work monday.
going fishing tomorrow... It will be really interesting to see how they hold up.

These are the colors that have been working for me.

Backbeach Jake
06-17-2008, 06:26 AM
:claps:Can I help test?

Diggin Jiggin
06-17-2008, 06:46 AM
BBJ, I'd love to get a fellow troll on some fish but I got the skunk this am. There were some breaking fish when I was there, but mostly on the other side. I had to leave early this am. A couple of times I put a pencil right where it needed to be but no takers. May have been real small fish or maybe just bait breaking after having been pushed up top.

Mr. Krinkle
06-17-2008, 06:24 PM
Nice pencils! I like the design.

Slipknot
06-17-2008, 06:50 PM
Lookin' good dave :kewl:
shape resembles hawg hunters a bit in the tail :D
I guess your fishing is good if you have to restock during the season.

Moses
06-17-2008, 08:50 PM
Dave - keep me informed and I'll do the same. Heading out tomorrow myself. Lets compare pictures, ok?

btw - nice looking pencils.......

Diggin Jiggin
06-18-2008, 07:04 AM
Mike, I'll touch base with you at work, I missed your message.

Looks like they work ok although the green on the mackerel ones is a rattle can as I didn't have any green createx, and there's an adhesion issue wth that paint and the sys 3 clear coat.

This fish inhaled the pencil. Both hooks in the gills and it bled out so I ended up keeping it. 30.9#

johnny ducketts
06-18-2008, 07:27 AM
thats awesome, i gotta post those refurbs you gave me at plugfest, where did you get that danny lip with the 2 holes though, I bent the heck out of it taking it off, and now I got to put a new one on.

Lower
06-18-2008, 09:31 AM
Those are great looking pencils. Awesome to hear your beating em up as fast as you can turn them!

Striperknight
06-18-2008, 10:38 AM
Nice, but why do you lose so many plugs? Is it the canal (or where you fish) that you lose so many?

stripercrazy
06-20-2008, 09:05 AM
nice plugs and great fish:jump: