View Full Version : Ginger beer

RIJIMMY
06-18-2008, 07:42 PM
since Bermuda, I am addicted to this stuff. Its soda, but the most delicious stuff in the world.
Been mixing it with some dark rum for a Dark and Stormy. I usually hate non diet soda, but now my teeth are all going to fall out!
anyone have this stuff?

RIROCKHOUND
06-18-2008, 07:47 PM
Love a dark and stormy!
mmm... mmm.. good

BxBomber
06-18-2008, 07:49 PM
YESS!!! dark and stormy has been my "official" drink for a few years now. I started out using Barritts, but lately been experimenting with different ginger beers. BTW The stuff you get at spanish bodegas is pretty good too. I can't think of the name right now, but I'll get one tomorrow and post it here.

likwid
06-18-2008, 07:50 PM
Regatta is the closest you will get to Barritts in the US now, other than my 4 personal cases.

Before you ask, no, none of them are for sale.

zacs
06-18-2008, 08:05 PM
dark & stormy is my favorite mixed drink. by far!

BxBomber
06-18-2008, 08:14 PM
Regatta is the closest you will get to Barritts in the US now, other than my 4 personal cases.

Before you ask, no, none of them are for sale.

You can get Barritts here in the states. I get it at soda distributors and package stores

likwid
06-18-2008, 08:20 PM
You can get Barritts here in the states. I get it at soda distributors and package stores

Not for long!

Do me a favor, type out the canner/distributor on the can?

RIJIMMY
06-18-2008, 08:21 PM
anyone know of a place that sells the diet ginger beer? I had in in Bermuda. BTW, having a dark and stormy as I type

likwid
06-18-2008, 08:23 PM
anyone know of a place that sells the diet ginger beer? I had in in Bermuda. BTW, having a dark and stormy as I type

Thats just not right man.
Thats like... wearing your wife's panties, and not on your head. :eek5:

Clueless
06-18-2008, 08:33 PM
Not for long!

Do me a favor, type out the canner/distributor on the can?
But why? I don't have a can that isn't directly from Bermuda available at the moment. Down to my last 4 cans of that.

Next thing you'll try to tell us that Gosling's Black Seal isn't available anymore :crying:

Clueless
06-18-2008, 08:35 PM
BTW The stuff you get at spanish bodegas is pretty good too. I can't think of the name right now, but I'll get one tomorrow and post it here.
Goya?

RIJIMMY
06-18-2008, 08:40 PM
Thats just not right man.
Thats like... wearing your wife's panties, and not on your head. :eek5:

I know, I have to keep my girlish figure though

Nebe
06-18-2008, 08:44 PM
I love a good stormin darkie with lot of lime.... :drool:

likwid
06-18-2008, 08:45 PM
But why? I don't have a can that isn't directly from Bermuda available at the moment. Down to my last 4 cans of that.

Next thing you'll try to tell us that Gosling's Black Seal isn't available anymore :crying:

I'll be hauling it back and forth on a monthly basis if it becomes unavailable.

Barritts changed hands not too long ago and they were pulling US distribution. (Where's Karl when you forget the rest of the details?)

likwid
06-18-2008, 08:46 PM
I love a good stormin darkie with lot of lime.... :drool:

COMMUNIST!
OUT HEATHEN!
OUT!

RIJIMMY
06-18-2008, 08:47 PM
ive got Goya and another that says Jamacian Ginger Beer.

Nebe
06-18-2008, 08:48 PM
Zima and wine coolers are sooooooo refweshwing. :lm:

Nebe
06-18-2008, 08:50 PM
COMMUNIST!
OUT HEATHEN!
OUT!

here sweet phart

http://www.beveragesdirect.com/detail-168-Barritts_Bermuda_Ginger_Beer_24_Pack.asp?aid=9

likwid
06-18-2008, 08:50 PM
Zima and wine coolers are sooooooo refweshwing. :lm:

Make the bad sissy stop! :crying:

ah HA!

Barritt's Bermuda Stone Ginger Beer is available in the United States in 12oz cans via the Goslings Rum Distributors.

The world has been saved from an atrocity.
Now its time to finish off the penguins.

RIJIMMY
06-18-2008, 08:53 PM
thanks Nebe, Barrits diet was what I was drinking on the island. I'll have to order some, and get a few pink thongs while Im at it. is there a store" beverages and more" around or was that when I was living in CA? Cant remember

BxBomber
06-18-2008, 09:10 PM
Goya?

HELLS NO GOYA!!!!!!! it's jamaican and comes in a dark brown glass bottle about 12 0r 16oz, the name eludes me tho....Goya that's funny

likwid
06-18-2008, 09:19 PM
that's what they tell ya.... i can get Goslings... can't get barritts.... go figger...

Same company different distributors?
I'll look at the catalogue while im getting my kale soup tomorrow.

Nebe
06-18-2008, 09:22 PM
fentiman's is pretty good.. i think that comes in a brown bottle-

Clueless
06-18-2008, 09:58 PM
HELLS NO GOYA!!!!!!! it's jamaican and comes in a dark brown glass bottle about 12 0r 16oz, the name eludes me tho....Goya that's funny
Goya is nasty and will burn holes in your mouth. I just figured where you said it was available in bodegas...

likwid
06-18-2008, 10:09 PM
Goya is nasty and will burn holes in your mouth. I just figured where you said it was available in bodegas...

Drinking Goya is like drinking Bud Light.
Some things you just don't do.

GattaFish
06-19-2008, 02:00 AM
About 10+ years ago I used to fly to Bermuda. I did that for 1 1/2 years and spent many days there. Had lots of Dark and Stormy nights there too... :bl:

I think it was a custom or at least it felt like it to give us bottles of Goslings Black Seal when we were there,,, I also used to crave this little place on the water that served Wahoo fish sandwiches too,,, I miss that place,,,

RIROCKHOUND
06-20-2008, 02:52 PM
Milligans Island
http://milligans-island.com/

used to serve them on the boat.
And screw likwid. I like a lime wedge in mine...

Rob Rockcrawler
06-22-2008, 08:21 PM
I cant remeber the brand, i think its made my hosners soda from CT. Its a good ginger beer even though i have nothing to compare it too. Its got a good bite to it. They say its jamican style, seriously hot mon. I get it at yankee spirits, usually get a case of it. Picked up a bottle of the 151 goslings, thats a damn hot drink, lotts of lime for sure.

likwid
06-22-2008, 08:57 PM
And screw likwid. I like a lime wedge in mine...

I bet you drink Corona.

:hidin:

:hihi:

likwid
06-22-2008, 09:44 PM
hey likwid... supposedly i got 1 case of barritts coming in tuesday, cans only...
:hihi:... time will tell

WANT

RIROCKHOUND
06-22-2008, 10:15 PM
I prefer pacifico or sol

Nebe
06-22-2008, 11:07 PM
:rotf3:

Saltheart
06-23-2008, 01:22 AM
You need to try real ginger beer. I have brewed many batches. The beer is usually about 5 to 6 $ alchohol and the ginger flavor should be very strong. It should almost be too strong on the first few sips but then you get by the initail WOW GINGER reaction and it tastes better. it needs to be this strong to get the added medicinal benefits of the ginger. In a strong ginger beer , the ginger medicinal affect will be a nice cooling sensation. Its almost like a cool breeze hitting you. Add to this medicinal affect the normal affect fo 5 to 6 % alchohol and its a very pleasant experience. I use about 1 OZ of dried ginger root but of course freshly ground would be better. You will need to make a few batches to tweak your recipe but once you get it right , you'll want to be sure to have some around along with other favorite varieties.

OH BTW , I like to add the ginger to a dark beer. Not a porter or stout but just a normal dark.

RIJIMMY
06-23-2008, 09:01 AM
You need to try real ginger beer. I have brewed many batches. The beer is usually about 5 to 6 $ alchohol and the ginger flavor should be very strong. It should almost be too strong on the first few sips but then you get by the initail WOW GINGER reaction and it tastes better. it needs to be this strong to get the added medicinal benefits of the ginger. In a strong ginger beer , the ginger medicinal affect will be a nice cooling sensation. Its almost like a cool breeze hitting you. Add to this medicinal affect the normal affect fo 5 to 6 % alchohol and its a very pleasant experience. I use about 1 OZ of dried ginger root but of course freshly ground would be better. You will need to make a few batches to tweak your recipe but once you get it right , you'll want to be sure to have some around along with other favorite varieties.

OH BTW , I like to add the ginger to a dark beer. Not a porter or stout but just a normal dark.

You' re right Saltheart, I do need to try reall ginger beer! next time you brew a batch, please call me and i will come over to sample! :love: