View Full Version : Saltheart

Slipknot
11-02-2002, 09:23 PM
Just to give ya another report on that schoolie rod I bought from you for Danny, he nailed some bass on it and had such a smile I could see he wanted to do it again. He's just learning and he gets bored quickly so when I was catching schoolies he said he wanted to leave, so I said ok but after you catch a fish by yourself, well 3 casts later he reeled in a fish and that smiling face lit up, so I asked him, do you really want to go now, ofcourse he says no , one more. So naturally we keep fishing. I was catching on my wood pikies and poppers and him, on shads. I noticed he really has a knack for catching but he needs to work on setting the hook better as a few got off before the wash since the hook was never set. But he still won't unhook and release them, I'll work on those 2 things next year.

I hope you are coming along well with your recovery, I look forward to seeing you out there somewhere soon.

Clammer
11-02-2002, 11:12 PM
Thats alot better than you showing him footage of Woodstock

;) ;) ;)

come down and catch some tog/////////////

Fishpart
11-04-2002, 07:06 AM
Slip,
That is great. :happy:

Fisherwoman
11-04-2002, 08:17 AM
Slip that is awesome, love seeing kids light on when a bass is on the line. Good for you & him.

JohnR
11-04-2002, 08:47 AM
:kewl:

Carl
11-04-2002, 09:50 AM
Hey Slip,

That is great. It's always a rush to see your kids really happy and enjoying what they are doing especially when it's something you enjoy and taught them. I was just wondering, how old is your son and when did you introduce him to the suds?

Slipknot
11-04-2002, 10:43 AM
Hi Carl, thanks all. Danny is now 11 and this is basically the first year I have taken the kids saltwater fishing from shore. Jenna is 8 and this past spring we got fish in Onset and they did real well. In the past they have had fun fishing from my boat I had in a slip as the schoolies would be right around the docks along with snapper blues. My son is very into video games and I have to push him to get outdoors with me, but it's all worth it. kids love the water anyway. Next year my goal is to get him his first keeper bass.

Saltheart
11-04-2002, 12:53 PM
Glad to hear it Slip! I'm glad he caught some. He's hooked now. I've seen lots of kids get discouraged fast when there were no fish biting. It takes just one and then they always want more! :)

I think its great you put the time in with him. More kids need that.