View Full Version : Last Night, #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& Style!!!!!

JeffH
10-22-2000, 11:24 AM
Took the long walk Saturday night with a friend who happened to arrive at the same place at the same time. Fished from 5:30 until 8:00pm with only two schoolie bumps. Only other soul out there was a fishing magazine editor. Decided to clear out and hit a spot in CT. Arrived at CT spot to find slow fishing for the first hour and then we hit the mother load. I ended up with a 37, 36, 34, 32 and 20
and my friend had a "slower" night with a 39 and 37. The best thing was those fish are in POUNDS not inches. All fish were caught during the last 2 hours of the out going on eels, what else. We were the only people out there and it was a beautiful night....I love surf fishing........

Got Stripers
10-22-2000, 11:53 AM
That's quite a night! Glad someone's still getting into the large, from what I hear (I've not been out for a while) things have really slowed up my way. Congrat's, that's one hell of a night, tight lines.

Damon M.
10-22-2000, 12:20 PM
I love it when a 20 pounder is considered a "rat".

JeffH
10-22-2000, 03:07 PM
I should have mentioned the friend I was with was Damon M. Take a bow Damon......

Slipknot
10-22-2000, 08:14 PM
Great job finding those moby stripers guys! I'm jealous.

eelman
10-22-2000, 08:33 PM
Great job jeff!! At least someone "gets it" Big fish are all that matters.Now, wouldent you give up 2000 schoolies for a night like that??? I say you would

BTW,Same thing happened at "CB" Last night!! My friend damon got one 42lbs and I will tell you the rest on the phone!! After that souwest,there were fish everywhere!! Im very surprised that the "long walk" didnt produce??? Thats not like that spot at all..Anyway! Call me up tommorow!! Bill

Marc Z
10-22-2000, 09:59 PM
Nice job to you Jeff!
Must have been awful close to you in CT, me and Rich R had a good night also with me getting a 42 1/2, Rich a 40 3/4 and others in the 30's. Ours were "only" inchers though. Eels were the ticket of course. With that sw the fish were at our feet!
MZ

JeffH
10-23-2000, 07:38 AM
Other side of the river Marc...

Damon M.
10-23-2000, 09:25 AM
Jeff, Im surprised after catching all those cows that your piece of sh#t Van Staal held up.

JohnR
10-24-2000, 06:14 AM
Way to go JeffH!!!! and Damon M.!!!! 8) Other side of the river,huh? I'm dying for a night like that and I don't think I'd want it any other way (with the possible execption of a few fiftyplusers in the mix). North East surfcasting at its finest!!! ;D

Now, about that little comment about that VanStaal being a piece of scheize ;p .... Go Damon Go...

test
10-24-2000, 11:38 AM
test

Marc Z
10-24-2000, 11:46 AM
Now Jeff,
How do you know what side of the river we were on????????
I'll bet you were on a rock on a certain named point that gets exposed at low water that allows you to cast into a nice rip?????
Just a guess since that spot is ususally a great fall spot for bigger fish.
MZ

JeffH
10-24-2000, 02:03 PM
And I'm guessing you were on a point with a name more widely known as a reef......

Saltheart
10-24-2000, 02:40 PM
Nice fish Jeff and Damon . Glad to hear that hard work sometimes pays off! I'm giving up on the ditch and will be fishing RI now till the end of Nov. I started the season off with Jeff H , Rich R and old Walrus Waders Carl on my list of CT people I wanted to fish with this season. We'll probably be down every Friday so if any of you guys listed are going to be in RI on a Friday night , send me an Email so we can fish together. Saltheart@stripersonline.com

Mike P
10-25-2000, 10:43 AM
Salty, if you run into "Walrus Waders", tell him to give me a shout on e-mail. If he doesn't still have my address, feel free to give it to him. And maybe tell him that this board and SOL are much different places than WMI was when he got fed up with it :)

GaryK
10-25-2000, 03:06 PM
And Elaine please take a bow for giving Jeff that tip. And to Gary....thank for showing that spot to Jeff.

Got some nice ones there last night too, but I'm keeping my mouth shut.