View Full Version : Will an infrared game cam

Backbeach Jake
06-23-2008, 11:58 AM
work through a window? I want to find out who's stealing my newspapers. I didn't think that anyone else could read here in Jerryspringerville.....

eastendlu
06-23-2008, 12:16 PM
Wow thats amazing how low can you go when you have to steal a newspaper.

Slick Moedee
06-23-2008, 02:06 PM
Just boobie trap it with a snare loop.

Backbeach Jake
06-23-2008, 04:36 PM
What I want to do is document someone as a nutbar. I think that Iknow who it is but have no proof. If I can get a photograph then I'll go to the Police and begin a process that will change how the suspect behaves and lives. But first I need proof. If it's who I think it is, they've been taking liberties for some time. They really should have stayed on their side of the street.:uhuh:

Nebe
06-23-2008, 04:59 PM
You could coat the paper with invisible ink.. after its stolen, have the police go over to his/her house with a UV light.. thier hands will glow like they are radioactive if they touched your paper..

Joe
06-23-2008, 05:35 PM
Which paper are they stealing?

striperman36
06-23-2008, 05:50 PM
Are they stealing your Fisherman too? Somebody is taking mine for week and then putting it back in the mail.

Backbeach Jake
06-24-2008, 05:21 AM
Which paper are they stealing?

My Sunday NYTimes and Worcester Telegram. Why do you ask? I think that they're doing it to make me angry rather than read it.

Flaptail
06-24-2008, 09:35 AM
wrap a dead bluefish in the paper and leave it for them...

sends an "old fashioned" message.....

Luca Brazzi sleeps with the fishes

justplugit
06-24-2008, 11:16 AM
Plant one with an open rat trap under the plastic wrap. :D

Backbeach Jake
06-24-2008, 11:30 AM
My first thought was to empty the best of the cat box into it ,roll it back up and put it back into the bag. SURPRISE!! cat nasty calzone!!!

Swimmer
06-24-2008, 12:45 PM
A red dye pack borrowed from a bank teller would do the trick.

Nebe
06-24-2008, 01:07 PM
put a note in the paper that reads this- " Dear resident..we would like to congradulate you on being our one millionth subscriber.. please call us at - (add your #) and we can make arrangements for your prize- a one week all expenses paid Caribbean cruise in February. There are no catches or gimmicks.. just call us and we will make arrangements!

Congratulations!!!

suckers.. :hihi:

Backbeach Jake
06-24-2008, 05:37 PM
If I could get to the paper first, I'd pull one of these pranks. But all I want to do is have photographic proof and confront them. If they continue to be a dork, then I'll persue legally. I don't take kindly to tresspassers and thieves. So far this year I've been accused of hiring stray cats to chase a dog under the wheels of the dog owner's truck, have had my house broken into, and my Sunday papers stolen while I'm away. Some one thinks it's OK to eff with Fred on Fred's turf. Someone has crossed a line and now they can't get back, I'll see this BS to a conclusion that satisfys me, not them.

Nebe
06-24-2008, 06:04 PM
if you know what time your paper is dropped off, you could wake up and wait with a normal camera.

Id also notify the police about this right away so they know this has been an ongoing issue

Joe
06-24-2008, 08:34 PM
My Sunday NYTimes and Worcester Telegram. Why do you ask? I think that they're doing it to make me angry rather than read it.
Stealing the NYT huh?
It's just that there's a lot of big words in it - you would not think that would be a target.
I can see somebody stealing the Worcester paper just out of straight up cheapness. They probably steal your paper then go down to McD's and steal napkins, condiments, and toilet paper - then swing over to D&D and steal a bunch of assorted sweetners. Then go siphon some gas and head home.

The Iceman 6
06-25-2008, 12:19 PM
What about somthing like those Nanny cams that they put in stuffed animals? Maybe put in a plant outside or under mulch or something? Don't know how much they would cost? You'll figure it out Fred, you seem determined.

Redsoxticket
06-25-2008, 06:41 PM
Call the NYTimes and Worcester Telegram distribution center and ask them to send trial subcription to that person.

Sluggoslinger
06-25-2008, 07:06 PM
A red dye pack borrowed from a bank teller would do the trick.

THIS IS THE ANSWER:humpty:

Nebe
06-25-2008, 07:49 PM
off topic, but i heard a story once about a neighbor feud that went on for years... a guy got so bent out of shape, he went over to the other peoples house when they were on vacation and pushed the sump pump hose back inside the basement, then stuck the gardenhose in the same hole and turned it on and let it run for 2 days. Then he put the garden hose back and rolled it up nicely.

I guess my point is feuds can go on for years, or perhaps there are ways to work out problems before they get out of hand..