Strike_King
06-23-2008, 03:12 PM

smac
06-23-2008, 07:04 PM
Very cool. I love spooks.

Slipknot
06-24-2008, 08:54 AM
:kewl: Nice Strike King :btu:

those popper/needles are very much what DZ was looking for years ago and I didn't complete the project. I'm sure he would be very interested in those.:humpty:

DZ
06-24-2008, 11:45 AM
SK,
Very nice. I had Slipknot attempt to make a "swimming needlefish" a few years back. What I was looking for was a plug that had the profile and casting characteristics of a needlefish and the swimming motion of a polaris popper. As you may know some polaris poppers can also be used as swimmers - most notably the Super Strike. Bruce made me some but they didn't seem to cast and swim very well but I have caught some fish with them. How do your models cast and swim? Could you taper the tail end slightly thinner. There is a fine line of adding casting weight to the tail and still allowing it to sway back and forth. Thanks for sharing your design.

DZ

saltydog
06-26-2008, 06:19 PM
SK thats nice, love the YELLOW:jump:
GOOD LUCK GOOD PLUGGIN

gone fishin
06-26-2008, 07:55 PM
:cheers2:Mark - lookin good! I made a couple of needle type poppers that swam like a needle - I found that when I moved the tail weight forward (I drilled deeper and used a plastic spacer at the tail) it wiggled like a snake.

SPOOOKS!! love em. :cheers2: