View Full Version : Tying Siwash hooks

rphud
06-24-2008, 07:33 AM
I am looking for some how to advice on how to tie up tail hooks (or with the hook part broken off) with the feathers. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in adnvance, Bob H.

tlapinski
06-24-2008, 04:50 PM
Here is a good how to from Vic. http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=24302

Old Man
06-25-2008, 07:44 AM
...rphud

...had you considered bribing somebody else to do them for you ?

Charleston
06-25-2008, 12:42 PM
...rphud

...had you considered bribing somebody else to do them for you ? don't be paying any attention to this Old Man :bounce:

rphud
06-27-2008, 07:43 AM
Who is this old man, and what's a certified m%$%$%$%$%$%$%$ doing in Lakewood? (I thought they all stayed north and east of the Connecticut River)

p.s. I can tie. Just looking fo' some helpfull hints, how tos, or this is how I do its. Always nice to get a different perspective and/or learn from others doings.

rphud
06-27-2008, 07:44 AM
I guess I need to spell it mass-hole or the electronic moderator does the ?%?%?%%?%? thingie.

Pete F.
06-27-2008, 12:16 PM
For tails with no hooks I use leftover or short pieces of the wire I use to wire plugs.
Bend a hook on it and then take a pair of cutters and put a bunch of serrations in it. Leave it long and you can stick it in the vise, tye whatever on it and then cut it off.
Lot cheaper than hooks

Charleston
06-27-2008, 12:17 PM
Who is this old man, and what's a certified m%$%$%$%$%$%$%$ doing in Lakewood? (I thought they all stayed north and east of the Connecticut River)

p.s. I can tie. Just looking fo' some helpfull hints, how tos, or this is how I do its. Always nice to get a different perspective and/or learn from others doings.

Even Mass-holes need to work! Besides once you are branded with it, it sticks for life! Please note; you are a Mass-hole if you are born in the Commonwealth. The Certified part, well that takes some doing ;)

Old Man is a member here and ties some pretty awesome tail hooks :claps:

rphud
06-27-2008, 06:34 PM
I am intrigued. Let's see some pics! Specially since I have been in a spending mode lately.