View Full Version : Anyone fish this past weekend?...

Bliz
11-04-2002, 09:39 AM
Has anyone had any success this past weekend?...

Got Stripers
11-04-2002, 09:44 AM
No:(, even painted through what sounded like a great game yesterday, I'm hoping for a break this week. I need a fix, it's been weeks since I wet a line, I'm having withdrawal.

DRUMCORPFAN
11-04-2002, 09:54 AM
have not been fishing in two weeks, work is taking up lots of time i gotta get back to the ocean.

Mr. Sandman
11-04-2002, 09:59 AM
I fished early Sat AM and Sunday PM. Bupkiss.

Bliz
11-04-2002, 10:05 AM
I hear you on that!...

I'm confined this week from hitting the Cape, and I'm already having withdrawals!...

I will be hitting more local to where I live though! :D

The bass are still out there!...

Hopefully you'll be able get in on some action this weekend!:D

Mr. Sandman
11-04-2002, 10:22 AM
I just spoke to the trash-man. He saw my truck and stopped to ask how I was doing fishing. We spoke for about 20 minutes. He was born here and told me of "how it use to be" . Sounds like a FD read. He is a nice guy who told me “don't stop fishing yet”. His biggest fish come on thanksgiving weekend. I remember when it *use* to be like that too but the last few years things have slowed down well before that.

I hope the sand-eels return soon..I like the distended gorged bellies on those bass...a true "American" fish...hell it even has stripes.

Slipknot
11-04-2002, 10:36 AM
Yep, fished Sat. and Sunday and going back today. got fish but nothing big, what I consider big anyway.
I could see Cuttyhunk and MV also from where I was.
Water temp. is dropping fast.

the one keeper I kept(1st this year I kept for myself) had small lobsters in it's belly.

JohnR
11-04-2002, 10:48 AM
Went to 'Gansett with the Clammer last night but otherwise sworn to secrecy...

As soon as we got there, there was a brigade of twinkies coming in, like the West Wall in spring. So Clammer gets a fish right away that's running him all over on a 7.5' rod. Most of us are laughing at him because he can't get this itty-bitty fish in as it's tangling the other lines. Tweny minutes and thoroughly soaked jeans later, he brings in a 12 pound bluefish :eek5: and everything made more sense...

Stayed for a few hours and I had plus or minus 30 fish, all more or less small fish - nothing keeper sized. Clammer had a bunch too but it was fun...

Canalratt1
11-04-2002, 12:14 PM
Fished the Ditch Sunday morning it was cold! Saw two keepers caught from the Googan Pier I got 0. Still some fish in Cape Cod Bay but very small. Wish I followed the White Van!

BasicPatrick
11-04-2002, 12:23 PM
High noon....High Water....I saw fish off Nantasket Beach and inside the bay to the right of Nantasket Pier 30 minutes ago.....no rod with me and I can not go chase them right this moment......

life is difficult

Bill L
11-04-2002, 07:28 PM
Saturday morning, took the boat out at sunrise in my corner of Salt Pond for double digit schoolies. Had to scoop the slush out of the cockpit, it was cooooold

Sunday, I fished the tail end of the outgoing at my favorite breachway in the wee hours, for a bunch of shorts. Stuck around for sunrise, and had twinkies galore. Lure of the day was the Tatoo 1oz olive swimmer -- was getting a fish on it practically every cast for better than an hour straight. After sunrise, saw one big school/birds off shore but they didn't come in while I was there

Scotch Bonnet
11-04-2002, 09:16 PM
Fished Watch Hill Light tonight for a couple hours around high tide. Beautiful conditions but no fish.

Clammer
11-04-2002, 10:52 PM
more little ones tonight,not as many as last night//////////////////