View Full Version : MV!

fumifish
06-25-2008, 02:56 PM
hello everyone. im going to be on MV for a few days and was hoping somone could help me.

decent place to eat

what to bright for fishing

any help is appreciated!

thank you

flyben24
06-25-2008, 03:55 PM
The fishing out here is decent right now.... there are many surfcasting spots all over the island that produce fish so just explore around and you will find the fish. As for boat fishing, there are many great charter captains in Menemsha that will catch you fish.. Menemsha is an old fishing village in Chilmark, which also has gift shops, fish markets, and a sit down restaurant... good luck!!

fumifish
06-25-2008, 04:04 PM
thank you for the response FLYBEN! im very excited.

in terms of plugs what do people bring?

fumifish
06-25-2008, 08:02 PM
anyone?? any help is apprecated

JohnR
06-26-2008, 06:43 AM
The Vineyard is a cool place. Big enough to have every kind of fishing; flats, rips, drops, boulder fields, small breachways, and sand. Small enough you could hit all of it in a few days.

What Plugs? The typical surfcasting stuff. Swimmers, Spooks, darters, pencils, needles, bombers, jigs, rubber, etc... And of course, "living plugs".

Really depends on where you go and what you are doing. I don't live there so I can't say what's hot but I can think of a half dozen places there I'd like to fish tonight :hee:

Where are you staying?

BTW - my favorite Pizza shop is on Upper Main in Edgartown across the street from Stop & Shop - try the Bacon Double Cheeseburger Pizza :tooth:

PaulS
06-26-2008, 06:51 AM
Wasque was good last week with darters on the outgoing.

fumifish
06-26-2008, 09:07 AM
can you purchase the "Living plugs" on MV?

we rented a place on MV.. should be good! im excited. i will follow up on that pizza place and stuff my pie hole

SeaWolf
06-26-2008, 09:18 AM
john, the best pizza i found was 'lattanzi's restaurant' in edgartown - old post office square. it's set back from the main road going into edgartown. also, hit 'among the flowers' for breakfast. no too expensive and good food. make sure you hit the bite (http://www.thebitemenemsha.com/ ) in menemsha for lunch. they have awesome seafood. just get ready for some high cholesterol after leaving there.

fishing, as brody would probably put it, "you're going to need a bigger truck". you have everything there - rock piles, sand bars, beach inlets, jetties, estuaries, sand points, etc. you could use heavy surf rods, light surf rods, bay rods, fly rods, etc. pretty much anything works. squid and sand eels might be a prized bait right now. it's all in how and where you plan on fishing. and, BRING BUG SPRAY! the mosquitos and no-see-ums are brutal if there is no wind. stop by the local tackle shops. they are very helpful. others fishing are usually up for sharing info too.

Squid kids Dad
06-26-2008, 06:47 PM
:cheers:The Vineyard is a cool place. Big enough to have every kind of fishing; flats, rips, drops, boulder fields, small breachways, and sand. Small enough you could hit all of it in a few days.

What Plugs? The typical surfcasting stuff. Swimmers, Spooks, darters, pencils, needles, bombers, jigs, rubber, etc... And of course, "living plugs".

Really depends on where you go and what you are doing. I don't live there so I can't say what's hot but I can think of a half dozen places there I'd like to fish tonight :hee:

Where are you staying?

BTW - my favorite Pizza shop is on Upper Main in Edgartown across the street from Stop & Shop - try the Bacon Double Cheeseburger Pizza :tooth:

I agree..Excellent pizza...

fumifish
06-26-2008, 08:45 PM
Where are you staying?

vineyard haven

hardbait
06-26-2008, 08:59 PM
THE NEW OPENING AT KATAMA AND SQUIBBY. WHITE NEEDLEFISH. CANT GO WRONG. GOOD LUCK

Mr. Sandman
06-27-2008, 08:15 AM
It's peak season, the 4th week is somewhat hectic, I tend to lay low....expect some busy restaurants and some parking issues in town.
Fishing is always good someplace here, it is just pinning it down. Visit the local B&T's for the latest poop. They will tell you quite a bit.

I didn't realize pizza was the fisherman's food of choice. I have to go with Seawolf's choice, Lattanzzi's for restaurant quality pizza they have a tasty cafe style menu as well...but if you are a New Yorker buy your thin crust generally by the slice, then Gio's in OB.

fumifish
06-27-2008, 09:54 AM
Thanks for the help guys.. very kind.

TJones
06-28-2008, 12:46 AM
A great place for lunch is "Humphrey's" in Edgartown... they have a sandwich called "the Gobbler" thats amazing! Homemade bread, turkey breast, stuffing, and cranberry sauce... I always make it a priority to stop by at least once when im on the island.

Mr. Sandman
06-28-2008, 07:05 AM
[quote=TJones;600997]A great place for lunch is "Humphrey's" in Edgartown... they have a sandwich called "the Gobbler" ...quote]

That is a hell of a sandwich! :eyes: It's like Thanksgiving on a big fresh roll.

fumifish
06-28-2008, 09:56 AM
all in one thanksgiving meal.. sounds so good!!