View Full Version : only in Dubai

Nebe
06-26-2008, 07:31 AM
wow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq-QUkE1DGM

GattaFish
06-26-2008, 08:55 AM
Dubai is an amazing place. It will truly be amazing in about 5 years since the majority of the city is still under construction. I have never seen such a large area being built at once. The city is literally rising out of the sand all at once.

Never the less it is still INCREDIBLY HOT during the summer.

Here are a few pictures I took. Yes that is Humidity in the Desert and the temp was about 115 that day.

GattaFish
06-26-2008, 08:57 AM
Couple more

EarnedStripes44
06-26-2008, 11:16 AM
My good friend went there as well last spring. He mentioned the in-door ski slope.

Rockport24
06-26-2008, 12:12 PM
the architecture and engineering going on over there is just mind blowing . Nat geographic of history or one of those channells has done some documentaries on the islands that they built over there, just unreal how big and complicated the projects were and how they pulled them off.

eastendlu
06-26-2008, 01:25 PM
They really know how to spend our oil dollars well.:wall:

GattaFish
06-26-2008, 11:25 PM
My good friend went there as well last spring. He mentioned the in-door ski slope.

I did not ski. It was nice but the trails were a little short. Still not bad for the desert. It is Located at the Mall of the Emirates.

GattaFish
06-26-2008, 11:26 PM
the architecture and engineering going on over there is just mind blowing . Nat geographic of history or one of those channels has done some documentaries on the islands that they built over there, just unreal how big and complicated the projects were and how they pulled them off.

Yes those projects are amazing but still to this day they are not done. Many parts of the islands are done but with 4 or 5 (depending on how you look at it) separate artificial island projects going on in Dubai alone they still have a ways to go. Most of the building ON them is still going on at an incredible rate. If you Google earth it there are actually Island projects that have been started that are not on there yet.

There are really no words to describe the mass of building going on in the U.A.E. not just in Dubai.

One More..

UserRemoved1
06-27-2008, 04:53 AM
Pretty buildings for sure. But also one ridiculous waste of natural resources.

Mr. Krinkle
06-27-2008, 05:16 PM
Halliburton has its headquarters in Dubai. Figures.

striperman36
06-27-2008, 05:22 PM
A friend of mine is musqat, oman. He says the same thing, friggin hot, humid. don't go out in the summah. Truckloads of money to be had, he is working for the government building their IT infrastructure.