View Full Version : It cost too much to go to work ...

Tagger
06-26-2008, 02:51 PM
Parking....
Monday ,,parking garage Cambridge $16.00
Tuesday,, broken meter Boston,,2 tickets $25 each ,, I suspect meter maid is PETA and hates the fish stickers on my suv..
Wednsday, Thursday and tomorrow back in Cambridge $16.00 a day parking.. I have to park fairly close to the job because of the 500 lbs. of tools I dolly .. I don't bring a lunch box or a thermos because I lug too much stuff around now .. Lunch and coffees $10.00 a day .. Probably $60.00 for the week gas .. Need some sort of tool every week almost .. $20.00 ... not bad .. almost $250.00 to go to work for the week ..also Just put $1100.00 into my suv to get a sticker..

How much does it cost you ??/ and whats welfare paying these days ?? I'm getting beaten down here..

Flaptail
06-26-2008, 03:54 PM
Parking....
Monday ,,parking garage Cambridge $16.00
Tuesday,, broken meter Boston,,2 tickets $25 each ,, I suspect meter maid is PETA and hates the fish stickers on my suv..
Wednsday, Thursday and tomorrow back in Cambridge $16.00 a day parking.. I have to park fairly close to the job because of the 500 lbs. of tools I dolly .. I don't bring a lunch box or a thermos because I lug too much stuff around now .. Lunch and coffees $10.00 a day .. Probably $60.00 for the week gas .. Need some sort of tool every week almost .. $20.00 ... not bad .. almost $250.00 to go to work for the week ..also Just put $1100.00 into my suv to get a sticker..

How much does it cost you ??/ and whats welfare paying these days ?? I'm getting beaten down here..

Thats what comes with being a union carpenter, no sick days, no vacation, no tools, some travel but your probably not travelling far enough to get it and the expense paid out for making the rate at a job that is a major pia to get to and from.

Thats why I left the electrical const business and went to public school work. ( btw it's a 61 mile round trip to the office for me ea. day and the X-terra is doing about 24 miles per gallon hiway, which the ride is all of except maybe 15 miles. Gas over on the mainland side is cheaper and they give me 350.00 ea 1/4 for fuel expense.

Except for the rapid mileage buildup on the truck I cannot complain too badly.

Hope it gets better for you Eddy, sounds like you need a fish fix.

Swimmer
06-26-2008, 04:10 PM
Save one of the tickets and put it on the windshield like it was a new issue and maybe the peta meta maid will walk right by. And when did they get the name meter maids. Think about how scewed up that name is. What do you call a male meter maid? Gay!

Raven
06-26-2008, 04:22 PM
Save one of the tickets and put it on the windshield like it was a new issue and maybe the peta meta maid will walk right by. And when did they get the name meter maids. Think about how scewed up that name is. What do you call a male meter maid? Gay!

lovely rita ,meter maid....came from the beatles song i believe
in the early 70's or late 60's

hulkyj61
06-26-2008, 07:53 PM
i used to just write broken meter, get out and fix it and send the ticket in without a payment. Never heard anything from them again. I've been pulled over since then and theres no warrent.

I drive 13 miles to work, 28mpg, free parking, $4 a day to work and back, $20 a week.

gone fishin
06-26-2008, 08:18 PM
Note the meter number and send the tickets to the PD with a letter. They have to investigate and forgive the ticket if the meter is broken. I have run into this many times on Newberry street. Be sure to keep copies in case they screw up and don't change the records. You will need the copy when they deny the licence renewel due to outstanding tickets.

I wonder hows much of this cost is going to be allowed as a business expence at tax time. I just heard 7 buks a gallon by 2010. god loves BUSH & Cheney:gorez:

justplugit
06-26-2008, 09:38 PM
Move the 2016 date up. :hihi:

Tagger
06-27-2008, 03:29 AM
meters are all 2 hr. time limit now .. Even if broken they only allow 2 hrs. Few enforce it .. Tickets both have the times on them ,, from,, too ..