View Full Version : Anyone fishin' tomorrow? (Tues 10/5)

MountainBreeze
11-04-2002, 02:41 PM
I know I said I was going to pack it in but... I hit the surf Sat for a couple hours and managed a nice blue.

Of course, this has gotten me all fired up and I want to take the day off and make my first trip to R.I. / Misquam tomorrow (Tues 10/5).

Anyone going to be around and want to hook up? Time / Place?

Regards,
Rob

BTW:
How is Misquam the day after a rain like we are getting tonight? There are some places around here I don't bother going to after any rain. I don't want to take the day if I should wait for a better one.

Van
11-04-2002, 03:21 PM
Not feeling well (tomorrow) so.............

GOIN' SMELTIN'
WooHoo !!!!:happy:

Then covering the boat. :(

Mr. Sandman
11-04-2002, 03:50 PM
Wed sounds rather snotty. I will try a few eels on this killer high tide we are having...keepin it honest....

STEVE IN MASS
11-05-2002, 01:21 PM
DEAD, DEAD, DEAD.......was from Weekapaug to Matunuck this AM......just DEAD....no swirls, no breaks.....a foul hooked skate.....some birds working WAY out off of Quonny....RUMORS of micro-schoolies at Charlestown......

Should have waited till Thursday, after the blow.....(oh, I see another early morning in my future....)

Bill L
11-05-2002, 04:44 PM
Steve, those rumors were true ;)
The early bird gets the worm (er, twinkie)

Mr. Sandman
11-05-2002, 05:01 PM
For what's its worth I will head down with a few eels and plugs for a few quiet hours before the storm after dinner this evening should arrive around 8 tonight and fish the top of the out going. Wind should be nil and tides up there. Tomorrow AM will be a mess I think and it will be blowin 25+ NE by this time tomorrow.
Tried to stop in to a couple tackle stores today...pretty much closed up. Can't even BS anymore. I have had some of these eels now for so long they are like pets...they have names! Tonight "Roger" gets the hook in the eye.

Wish me luck...I need it. Come on Roger, lets go.....

Slipknot
11-05-2002, 06:52 PM
Good luck Mr. Sandman :) I hope you feed Roger to a hungry striper or 2.

Basstime
11-05-2002, 10:05 PM
Nothing doing at Narragansett Beach and and Towers. Fished from 4:30pm till 8pm. Some bird activity off beach at dusk. Saw a couple of boils nearby. One hit, no takers. Wind kicked up around 6pm (E-NE). Blowing around 15 to 20mph when I left. Nobody had any luck that I talked to. Maybe some after tide change?

redcrbbr
11-05-2002, 10:15 PM
fished gooseberry from 2:30 till dark. 3 dinks right on the beach just as it was getting dark. not much else happening.

MountainBreeze
11-06-2002, 07:26 AM
Stayed in CT yesterday, at the suggestion of some folks that had been to Weekapaug over the weekend.

Lots of birds / bait on the morning flood but too far for me to reach from shore. (You have no idea how psyched I am that my wife is getting me waders for XMas!) ;)

Managed a few blues in the morning and some hickory shad at the afternoon Ebb.

Saw a fly guy, in waders, take two schoolies at the evening flood. Other than that... BUST.

Very nice day though!

Regards,
Rob

STEVE IN MASS
11-06-2002, 07:30 AM
Matoonoc....oh, I was there early, before sun up.....just not in C-town....Right time, wrong place.......:(

Mr. Sandman
11-06-2002, 08:14 AM
Missed the tide I wanted to fish, got out late....(got caught up with the election coverage.)
Roger was cut in half and half again by a blue then set free. One small bass. Pretty quiet no fisherman in sight.
This weekend is looking nice and warm...high 66 !