View Full Version : st croix rod warranty

RIJIMMY
06-29-2008, 05:58 PM
anyone ever return a rod to them? Its seems pretty straightforward on their web page.

Had a bunker under the boat today and pull it under the hull, snap! I almost $hit. Never broke a rod in my life. Something must be wrong, no way should it have broken.

PaulS
06-30-2008, 06:42 AM
If its not under warrantee they'll offer you a new one for about $60.

EarnedStripes44
06-30-2008, 09:15 AM
anyone ever return a rod to them? Its seems pretty straightforward on their web page.

Had a bunker under the boat today and pull it under the hull, snap! I almost $hit. Never broke a rod in my life. Something must be wrong, no way should it have broken.

What coincidence, I had a 10ft st. croix snap on me saturday night right behind the 3rd guide. But it was because lady's dog went crazy in the back seat of my car running back and forth from one window to the other. :realmad: I felt like filleting that damn dog. Should've known better. That never would have happened to a ugly stik

That dog cost me $140

RIJIMMY
06-30-2008, 09:21 AM
ES44 - go to the web site. It wont cost you $140. From what I understand, you can send it back and get a new one if its still in the warranty period: here is the text...

GOLD STAR SERVICE PLAN
Ahh..but what if you’re not registered as the original owner of the rod. Or your buddy stepped on your rod, or slammed it in a car door, or worse yet, used it to free a snag. No worries. St. Croix’s Gold Star Plan eliminates the uncertainty of a dubious warranty claim. Here’s what to do.

1. Return your damaged rod to St. Croix. Use our Discount Shipping Program to save money.

2. Include a note requesting our Gold Star Service, along with a check for $50 to cover the repair or replacement of your rod. Our Technician will determine whether to repair or replace your rod keeping in mind we’ll only repair it if we can make it perform like new.

3. That’s all there is to it. And there’s no additional s&h charge for customers in the USA. Canadian customers must pay an additional $20 for s&h, and all other International customers must pay an additional $30 for s&h.

Good deal !!!!!!!!