View Full Version : Accoustic Research Tower Speakers

Crafty Angler
07-02-2008, 07:16 AM
A pair of AR towers that will handle 150W a side in excellent condition, outstanding bass response and clarity.

31"H x 13"W x 11"D - cabinet and fabric in excellent condition - $100 OBO, pick up in Newport.

1dozenraw
07-02-2008, 10:16 AM
A pair of AR towers that will handle 150W a side in excellent condition, outstanding bass response and clarity.

31"H x 13"W x 11"D - cabinet and fabric in excellent condition - $100 OBO, pick up in Newport.

Model number? Photo?

Crafty Angler
07-02-2008, 10:34 AM
Model number? Photo?

Absolutely no idea on the model number, it's not on the bottom or grill - I may have the receipt somewhere but don't have time for an SAR on it just now.

Photo may take a bit, I still haven't gone digital yet. If you have a serious interest I'll call my friend Pt Jude Joe and see if he'll swing by with his camera. Let me know.

Ya know, it's the kids like him that have all the new toys :hihi:

Crafty Angler
07-03-2008, 12:31 AM
Nope, no luck on the receipt to get the model # -

Kevin, are you still interested? If so I'll see if I can get a photo posted at some point here -

1dozenraw
07-03-2008, 05:34 AM
It's hard to say unless I can get a model number and research that model. There usually is a plate or tag on the back which has that info. How old are they?

Crafty Angler
07-03-2008, 10:03 AM
It's hard to say unless I can get a model number and research that model. There usually is a plate or tag on the back which has that info. How old are they?

:point:
Absolutely no idea on the model number, it's not on the bottom or grill -

Agewise, I don't remember when I bought them but it was on a Lechmere inventory clearance when they closed, if memory serves - whenever that was.

For the most part they were used in my office so it's not like I cranked 'em playing disco revival CD's. Basically they were gently used by an older man who likes accoustic and bluegrass music and long walks on the beach....:hihi: They're in good shape.

I'll call Pt Jude Joe at some point to see if he's gonna be down this end of town and post a photo - but it is the weekend of the 4th. May take a few days.

Chuck

JohnR
07-03-2008, 10:10 AM
Photo may take a bit, I still haven't gone digital yet. If you have a serious interest I'll call my friend Pt Jude Joe and see if he'll swing by with his camera. Let me know.:hihi:

That is funny and I know Joe will chuckle being called in to render technical assistance :shocked::hidin:

Hi Chuck :wavey:

Crafty Angler
07-03-2008, 10:17 AM
That is funny and I know Joe will chuckle being called in to render technical assistance :shocked::hidin:

Hi Chuck :wavey:

Hey listen, I don't trust those digital cameras - it's not gonna take off, I'm tellin' ya it's a fad.

surfcrazy1
07-03-2008, 12:09 PM
check back panel for where wire connect is there should be manuf
name and model # {anyway thats where they usually are]
good luck
:kewl:

Crafty Angler
07-03-2008, 01:51 PM
Found a small tag on the base finally - they're AR-94Si's. If ya go on The Google there's some info, apparently their load handling per side is a little higher than I thought. For more speaker-geek-speak follow these links:

http://www.sound-thinking.org/index.php?showtopic=714

http://www.classicspeakerpages.net/IP.Board/lofiversion/index.php/t1916.html

1dozenraw
07-03-2008, 04:47 PM
Gotta pass/hold off for a bit. Gotta do some research and count my money. Thanks.

Crafty Angler
07-03-2008, 07:02 PM
Okey dokey.

Next, please.

Crafty Angler
08-26-2008, 02:21 AM
No longer available, they've been sold :)