View Full Version : To the A-hole Tog Fisherperson(s) at Weekapaug...

STEVE IN MASS
11-05-2002, 01:24 PM
Sorry for the nasty thread title, but I'm PO'd, and you know it takes a LOT to get ME PO'd......

Was at Weekapaug this AM....came off the beach, and in the parking lot on the sand were 3 LEGAL sized tog just left there to rot..:af:...they were fresh enough that they were caught within the last 12 hours.....

WHAT IS THE POINT?????!!!!!

Over the limit? Don't like tog? You couldn't just release them? Can't think of any other reason why.....

Aside from the total disrespect for the resource, it's chit like that which gives fishermen a bad name.....vermin will get them, and the local homeowners won't be happy.....the particular spot is a bit sensistive to access, and while they are pretty good about it there, doing stuff like that will only make it more difficult.

Thanks a lot guys.....:af:

Okay, chances are slim to none that the person(s) that did this reads these forums (At east I hope not, thought we had higher class fishermen and woman here than that), but I just had to vent....:af: :af: :af:

I guess the upside is that tog fishing in the surf is good....

fishweewee
11-05-2002, 02:04 PM
I'm an a-hole, but I wasn't togging at Weekapaug. :smash:

milo
11-05-2002, 04:32 PM
what WEEWEE said:p YUP STEVE there are all kinds ..sad but true..

bloocrab
11-05-2002, 09:59 PM
sTEve.....:jump1:

...I'm hoping you at least tossed them into the surf...

..whenever I see <stuff< like that...%skates-dogfish-etcz....I always try to make an effort to feed the ocean. Thats a meal for alot of C-creatures ;) especially bloocrabs

If I feel the tide won't cooperate and I'm on the beach...I'll give it a good toss, or put a few rocks in/on it...:eek:

and your right......the TOG are in!!! :D

redcrbbr
11-05-2002, 10:03 PM
steve wouldn't toss em back... they were in better shape than most of the roadkills:smash: :smash: :smash: