View Full Version : Romaine Lettuce

spence
07-03-2008, 06:31 PM
Why the flock can't an eatery understand you're supposed to trim the tough outer edges from a head of Romaine lettuce?

I'm not only talking about upscale pizza joints, but places near where I live that charge 25+ for some of their entrees.

This isn't rocket science and doesn't require a degree from Johnson and Wales...

The outer leaves and especially the top parts of romaine are tough as %$%$%$%$ and should be removed.

I might have to pen a few letters to management.

-spence

Backbeach Jake
07-03-2008, 07:05 PM
That is just the reason that the Mrs. and I don't dine out all that often, lack of care and concern for the product. Upscale, pfft, most are over-priced hash slingers with a snotty attitude. They don't know jack from edam.

likwid
07-03-2008, 07:28 PM
Babbo doesn't trim their Romaine.
Yes, I bitched.

:cens:

stripersnipr
07-03-2008, 07:41 PM
My God.........Do you have any idea how annoying your non-stop whining is to the rest of us?

GattaFish
07-03-2008, 09:23 PM
Babbo doesn't trim their Romaine.
Yes, I bitched.

:cens:

Hey easy on the name calling. When I was in the U.A.E. I had a house keeper with that name,,, :wiggle:

spence
07-03-2008, 09:27 PM
My God.........Do you have any idea how annoying your non-stop whining is to the rest of us?
Where are my shrimp?

-spence

stripersnipr
07-04-2008, 04:44 AM
Where are my shrimp?

-spence

Check your Koi pond.

Swimmer
07-04-2008, 11:50 AM
Why the flock can't an eatery understand you're supposed to trim the tough outer edges from a head of Romaine lettuce?

I'm not only talking about upscale pizza joints, but places near where I live that charge 25+ for some of their entrees.

This isn't rocket science and doesn't require a degree from Johnson and Wales...

The outer leaves and especially the top parts of romaine are tough as %$%$%$%$ and should be removed.

I might have to pen a few letters to management.

-spence

I have to ask Spence. Outer edges meaning the outer leaves to the head or the edges of the outer leaves? I am a neophyte in this regard, but do love romaine with everything.