View Full Version : Bomber saltwater grade

basswipe
07-05-2008, 10:45 AM
Who the carries these things?

Its nice to be able to use plastic when the blues are around.Hate wrecking my good wood.Destroyed a brand new Salty's olive/white popper this morning.

basswipe
07-05-2008, 11:45 AM
A pic would be nice.Gotta find a battery for the camera.I gotta go to the dreaded Fall Riv Wallyworld anyways,I'm afraid...very afraid.:hee:

The blues weren't particulary big but for some reason they were just inhaling the tins I was throwing.Good thing Po-Jees only have one single hook!

But with all that's been going on,catching anything was fun.The sacrifice was worth it.

striperchaser02
07-05-2008, 04:55 PM
gotta use those rangers, they were made for that stuff!
good luck
Henry

basswipe
07-05-2008, 05:13 PM
I could not find a freakin battery anywhere!Its a Sony,how can that be?!

Tagger
07-05-2008, 06:18 PM
http://www.saltwateredge.com/BOM02.html

I got a 30#+ bass on the blurple before

leptar
07-05-2008, 09:30 PM
Yes the Magnum long A's are a must have...

Along with Super Strike poppers too...
Old Stock Cotton Cordell Pencils are great for when the toothy critters show up.. the new stuff doesn't hold up so well...

Roberts Rangers are a great bang for the $$... Cast extremely well and into a head wind they fly with a mind of their own... lol..

Be cautious with many plastic lures as they are not worth the packaging they are in.... Usually had at big chain stores...

smokefish
07-06-2008, 10:04 PM
I've seen them at #^&#^&#^&#^&s

bassballer
07-07-2008, 01:25 PM
quaker lane has them. I just picked up 2 the other day. I believe the edge has them as well.

luds
07-07-2008, 01:33 PM
There is nothing new about these bombers other than the packaging and the fact that they have 4x vmc's. The split rings look to be the same poor quality. The only new model from what I can tell is a deep diver that looks like an a-salt on steroids. If you look you can find them in the older packaging on sale and then just get your own hooks and splits dirt cheap from m&d.

NIGHT STRIKES
07-07-2008, 02:12 PM
If you look you can find them in the older packaging on sale and then just get your own hooks and splits dirt cheap from m&d.

True, been doing this for years... I did notice a steep increase also for these newer Bombers.. Glad I stocked up when they could be had for 3 and change....

kenyee
07-07-2008, 03:32 PM
There is nothing new about these bombers other than the packaging and the fact that they have 4x vmc's. The split rings look to be the same poor quality

From what folks on SOL said, they're also not 4x VMC's. They're just VMC hooks (probably 1x or 2x) so they can say they're VMC hooks...better than nothing but not good enough :-P

Joe
07-07-2008, 06:11 PM
http://surfcasting-rhodeisland.com/merchant2/graphics/00000001/beefy_blurple_lg.jpg
Got some SRI Beefy Bombers (http://surfcasting-rhodeisland.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=SRIOTS&Category_Code=BEEF) with 4X VMC Trebles and Rasco 6 1/2 HD split rings - I've been selling them for quite a while. $7-$8

kenyee
07-07-2008, 08:12 PM
Joe: if that had a siwash tail hook for blues, it'd be perfect :-)
That's what I ended up doing to my bombers and would rather have gotten yours to save the work...