View Full Version : Boston Harbor Islands?

CanalGuy
07-05-2008, 04:47 PM
Thinking of camping out on one of the Harbor Islands in early August. Anyone ever fish any of these? The four available for camping are Lovells, Peddocks, Grape and Bumpkin Island. Just trying to figure out which would be the best for some Stripe's. Can't find much except some maps on the website. Any help is appreciated!

niko
07-05-2008, 05:19 PM
lovells would be my choice.

plankton
07-06-2008, 05:49 AM
lovells would be my choice.

:kewl:

ridler72
07-06-2008, 06:08 AM
I like the camping sites on Lovells the best. Ramhead Flats is the area you most likely fish at Lovells. Schoolie nation for the most part. September may be a better time frame for Lovells and shots at larger fish. Since the resurgence of the Poagies and August being your time frame you can't go wrong with Hingham Bay for shots at larger fish. Grape Island over Bumpkin. Grape has decent fishing with structure all around and the camping is fair. Huge Boulder field on the south side of Grape with flow from the Back River. Nice spot for plugging. You may be competing with a ton of poagies for the jumbo's but what the heck, I think we all are having that problem all over NE. lol