View Full Version : Productive Afternoon

MarshCappa
07-05-2008, 08:49 PM
I broke my cardinal rule of not hitting the town ramp on South River on the weekend especially a holiday weekend. I figured with the cloudy weather I would have a chance to launch without any yahoo's around. I was right! Just one other small trailor in the lot. Up river i went and set the anchor to drift some worms in the ripping outgoing current. It didn't take long but I actually thought it was debris bending the rod. So I half heartedly grab the rod from the holder and start to reel in when to my surprise I had a nice fish on. It was pulling hard and with the fast current I was at a stalemate twice. Pretty good fight and when he got to the boat it was just 25"! I would have been hard pressed to land a keeper in that current and I didn't have to worry about that because the fish got smaller from there. 1/2 a dozen schoolies later I picked up and headed home. I was the only boat out there! Maybe it will be that way tomorrow too! I may head out of another ramp in town tommorrow in search of larger targets. Anyone else get out today?

Moses
07-05-2008, 09:13 PM
Nothing better than being able to launch locally and catch fish close by. Makes for a nice weekend.....

niko
07-06-2008, 07:32 AM
i headed south yesterday and took some nice fish on topwater. the fluke bite sucked though. between the weather ang gas prices it was pretty quiet on the water considering where i was. i may sneak out tonight for a few hours.