View Full Version : Weather front pictures

Flaptail
07-06-2008, 09:39 AM
Thought somebody might like to see these, took them while prowling the hometown shore the other night.

Flaptail
07-06-2008, 09:40 AM
A couple more

vanstaal
07-06-2008, 11:34 AM
old mother nature @ her worst !
thanks enjoyed them

Rob Rockcrawler
07-06-2008, 11:40 AM
Great pics.

GattaFish
07-06-2008, 01:34 PM
Cool pictures,,,

Clammer
07-06-2008, 05:39 PM
Steve ,very nice/thanks for sharing :::claps:

Rick Ackley
07-07-2008, 05:35 AM
Cool stuff, thanks.

canalboy
07-08-2008, 07:15 AM
Where those taken at Old silver Beach in Falmouth?

Flaptail
07-08-2008, 12:41 PM
Where those taken at Old silver Beach in Falmouth?

yep:uhuh:

Joe
07-08-2008, 12:45 PM
Tony Stetzco incorporates those Cape fronts into his watercolors - I have one. Cool stuff.

hyefisherman2
07-11-2008, 07:28 AM
yep:uhuh:

hey flap, thats right by canalboy's and i's house!!!

we should meet up and fish sometime, did not know you lived in such close proximity to us. :musc:

thortum
07-11-2008, 08:38 AM
Nice pics! :)

ProfessorM
07-19-2008, 09:42 AM
Here is a weather front for you from a last week morning. Weather front is called stagnant and forecast is called hotter than Hades

Flaptail
07-19-2008, 01:00 PM
Here is a weather front for you from a last week morning. Weather front is called stagnant and forecast is called hotter than Hades

Hey how did you find my favorite spot?:wave:

TheSurfcaster
07-20-2008, 05:15 PM
hey flap, thats right by canalboy's and i's house!!!

we should meet up and fish sometime, did not know you lived in such close proximity to us. :musc:

Hye,

good job on iding the location

what tipped you off?

was it the third pic in the post looking south?

hyefisherman2
07-20-2008, 07:32 PM
no, frankly all of em :)

mikrok
07-20-2008, 09:55 PM
hyefisherman/canalboy- good to see a few other worcester/cape guys on here

Flaptail
07-21-2008, 04:56 AM
Worcester= Woostah=Wormtown

I went to Woostah to buy a Toastah

Left there 25 years ago for Cape Cod, I would rather die than move back there if it came down to making a choice.

Not real fond of Falmouth either though I have been here a 1/4 century, it was a compromise with the wife. A lot has changed here in Falmouth and not for the better. Tried to cotton up to it but it isn't where my heart wants to be. Nice people, best Library on the Cape and good zoning laws, other than that the main thing is the fishing from most of the town shore sucks. The Elizabeths are close thats the only thing I would really miss

I would rather be in Truro, some day.

hyefisherman2
07-21-2008, 06:47 PM
Worcester= Woostah=Wormtown

I went to Woostah to buy a Toastah

Left there 25 years ago for Cape Cod, I would rather die than move back there if it came down to making a choice.

Not real fond of Falmouth either though I have been here a 1/4 century, it was a compromise with the wife. A lot has changed here in Falmouth and not for the better. Tried to cotton up to it but it isn't where my heart wants to be. Nice people, best Library on the Cape and good zoning laws, other than that the main thing is the fishing from most of the town shore sucks. The Elizabeths are close thats the only thing I would really miss

I would rather be in Truro, some day.

i hear ya flap...falmouth surf fishing SUCKS!!!! fly fishing....ok in the spring.

canal is where my heart is. :humpty:

Flaptail
07-21-2008, 07:14 PM
i hear ya flap...falmouth surf fishing SUCKS!!!! fly fishing....ok in the spring.

canal is where my heart is. :humpty:

Used to haunt the canal day and night when I first moved here. Fished with a gang on the mud flats at the west end by the RR Bridge. Had to make my way up the hierarchy, started by spending two years at the tail end of 8 guys and two years after that got a mid line spot with some catches of bigger fish. Stash, Johnny Williams, Ski, Tommy K. and I believe Mike P. was there too. Finally one night I cut off Niel Plante on purpose because I couldn't take his sh!t anymore and he got right in my face but I just looked at him like he had two heads and gave him a puzzled look and got a sly smile from Stash, the night night I landed a 45 pounder on an eel on 16 lb test in a running west tide and my first congratulations and welcome by Stash from then on was 2nd or 3rd in line to Ski and Stash. Only took five years of perserverance. I had popped my cherry on the flats. For years we did them good, then scattered about the canal drifting eels on new moon tides in July, August and September.

The Fulp brothers, Greg Clemens ( who was the first person I ever met down here who made his own plugs and some to sell out of his car, way before Hawghunter and others, if you go to the Powderhorn in Hyannis and see Andy he has a couple giant Mackerel plugs Greg made for trolling for Tuna, he was way ahead of his time) Stiffy, Dan the Man Morin and the Ledoux Brothers started in on the ditch hard then. This was 87/88.

When my first daughter was born in 1987 I went strictly nights and had a deal with the Regatta of Falmouth and Cotuit to sell bass exclusively to them for 2.50 a pound no matter what the market did or was doing, cash on a silver waiters tray. No slips no haggling, meet Gilley Pepin the chef at that time, weigh them on a hanging scale in a shed out back of the FAlmouth restaurant and get the money. Slick as sheet.

Bought 89/90/ discovered the flyrod for Striped Bass and spent the better part of the next ten years or so doing nothing but abnd became quite a snob, gave up selling as heathenism and looked at plugging and eels as crude. After all those years went back to the beach after spending countless hours casting to bass with the long wand and the biggest fish I could take was only 32 pounds.

Dusted off the nine foot GLB1081M I had wrapped as a spiining rod for eels in the canal and went to Truro one September night and took three fish that Spetember 17th that went high 30's to one mid forty pounder and the flyrods went into hibernation for five years.

Now I have come back to the canal and have hit every set of breaking tides and a few night sorties. I have only been skunked twice ( once was yesterday) have taken fish to high 30 pound range ( the blitz in June) and many 20 to 25 pounds. I love the canal again especially the no herring ban, which when and if it ever is lifted I will probabaly give up the canal again. I still do not fish eels or bait but I do just LOVE to jig.

Yep the canal can be wondeful and this year it's something special though not this last set of tides for me. It's a good choice for something to really love to fish.

All the fish I sold them and I was out almost every night, were taken on eels from the canal

hyefisherman2
07-21-2008, 08:21 PM
wow great story flap! i really appreciate it. :cheers:

so you still love to fish that canal huh?? :jump: