View Full Version : Chota boots alternative studs

pbadad
07-07-2008, 09:22 PM
I've been told short style snowmobile carbide studs with the proper threads can be used. If so where might I find some?

jim sylvester
07-08-2008, 06:28 AM
google woody's snowmobile spikes

reebok
07-08-2008, 10:42 PM
Do you like those Chota boots?

pbadad
07-09-2008, 06:34 AM
Sec. pair in 6 yrs. Just wish the studs were less wearing. Hold well outside of heavy bubbleweed. Then korkers. i was told of short snowmobile studs in carbide. I will try a stud site. If anyone has replaced them with a better wearing stud please advise.

Cranium
07-09-2008, 06:49 AM
be careful of which "stud" site you go to. You may get more than you bargain for.

reebok
07-09-2008, 08:28 AM
Sec. pair in 6 yrs. Just wish the studs were less wearing. Hold well outside of heavy bubbleweed. Then korkers. i was told of short snowmobile studs in carbide. I will try a stud site. If anyone has replaced them with a better wearing stud please advise.

How quickly do the studs need to be replaced? Sounds like they are not carbide like a lot of others are. I was thinking about getting a pair of these boots.

pbadad
07-09-2008, 07:53 PM
Twice a yr. for me. Using them on average once a week.

NIB
07-09-2008, 11:09 PM
http://www.bergstromskegs.com/tg/images/trlgrab1.gif

Bergstrom Skegs..
Good for rocks.Korkers for kelp..
Get the size 12 or larger stud they go around a buck a piece.U can screw em in all over he sole of the boot..Or at least i have..They are OK not the best on the jetty rocks here in NJ.We have some large smooth granite that believe it or not is worse when they are dry..For them I prefer the bite of the korker studs..For just 95 percent of the places I have fished in RI and mass they where sufficient.