View Full Version : Whew!!

Dad 818
07-11-2008, 01:53 PM
After 7 hours in the ER and numerous tests, docs came to the conclusion that I have a severe case of vertigo. Have had it in the past, but nothing like this. Doc has me on valium, benadryl, and antivert. Still a little woozy, but it seems to have cleared a bit.

Can't fish for awhile, so keep your lines tight and best of luck.

Saltheart
07-11-2008, 02:14 PM
Do you take cholesterol medicine? I was diagnosed with vertigo , had to do Physical Therapy , they prescribed the drugs you mentions. Turned out to be a bad reaction to the Cholesterol medicine. I switched back to a name brand instead of the generic and the problem went away in two days after suffering for about 2 months.

Dad 818
07-12-2008, 05:08 PM
No cholesterol meds (yet :o) I have had this before, but nothing like this last bout. Literally couldn't lift my head off the pillow w/o vomiting. Felt like my head weighed about 50lbs. Not a fun thing. Feeling better today, but I'm keeping up with the meds every 8 hours or so.

saltfly
07-12-2008, 07:22 PM
I had a dose of vertigo last winter.It sounds like mine was a picnic compared to yours.HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON.

Dad 818
07-12-2008, 07:30 PM
I had a dose of vertigo last winter.It sounds like mine was a picnic compared to yours.HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON.

Thank you very much.

Rick Ackley
07-14-2008, 05:09 AM
Sure hope it all works out well for you.

slow eddie
07-14-2008, 11:10 AM
i have the same symtoms. inner ear problem that dates back to when i was a kis. seems the the little hairs around the drum are detereating as i grow older.

missing link
07-14-2008, 04:17 PM
Sorry to hear of your VERTIGO, I had a case of benign vertigo the Doc sent me to phy. therapy for treatment and it worked in one session, I only got DIZZY when I put my head back and tilted. They said the little hairs and some kind of ball that float around were out of position, it was a weird treatment but it worked for me.
Good Luck ,
Link