View Full Version : Penn Power Stick Surf rod

NJBassman
07-12-2008, 10:55 PM
Anybody here use this rod? I am currently using a 10' St. Croix Triumph surf rod and I love it, how does the Penn Power Stick compare? Thanks for any replies.

basswipe
07-13-2008, 08:04 AM
I personally never was to fond of any of the Penn surf rods.I've never fished one but I know people that have had them over the years and I took some casts with them and just didn't "feel it."

My better half is using a 9' Triumph and I've used it a few times myself and like it quite a bit.The 5yr warranty doesn't hurt either.

BigFish
07-13-2008, 08:48 AM
I cut my teeth on Penn rods....still have them! I used a 9 foot Spinfisher for quite awhile! Fuji guides back then...well made, great action and a great backbone to the rod.....caught ALOT of nice fish on that rod! Had a few Surfmasters too.....lesser grade but still very good....kids use them now....very durable! Had them 10 years now and they are still catching! Also have a 9 foot Power Stick...actually caught my biggest fish on that rod....only 31 pounds but the rod is great! My buddy Joe got his 40 pounder on a 10 foot Spinfisher!! These were great rods.....not sure about the newer models as I bought these 8-10 years ago? I use custom Lamis now......still got the Penns though!

NJBassman
07-13-2008, 09:23 PM
What about the Tsunami Surf Rods? I understand they are composite, but exactly how much do they lack in sensitivity? And are they strong and cast well?