View Full Version : Small Project for Today(Leaky Foot)

Adam_777
07-13-2008, 10:35 AM
So I took my VS250 apart the other day to check if it had oil in it and it was dry.I went to the store and grabbed some grease and oil for it.Took it apart again,cleaned it out and properly lubed it.Put it all back together only to find the oil comes out from the reel foot base where it mounts to the gear case.So I fished with it this morning with a slow leak nothing dripping in the water.Got no fish(figures).Took it back apart this morning and cleaned it back out and removed the reel foot.I cleaned the old silicone off the area and applied a thick base of new stuff.Now I'm just waiting for it to dry.Anybody else ever have a leaky foot ? I'm too cheap to send it back and it is easy to break down and put back together.Anyway the reel works flawless and was packed full of grease when I first opened it.I has been submerged on multiple occasions and will be again for sure.Maybe I'll put up some pictures of the inside and how I pull it apart and put it together.

1dozenraw
07-13-2008, 10:53 AM
Pictures GOOD.:kewl:

vanstaal
07-13-2008, 11:03 AM
just info

Adam_777
07-13-2008, 12:09 PM
http://windknots.zftp.com/stuff/vid/VS250.wmv

Click above for video.Sorry all you old guys about the music.Reel was cleaned prior to taking it apart .It is a lefty also so the cover screws opposite as a righty .May want to save it because I wont host it forever and I don't have a you tube account.

teaser
07-14-2008, 11:56 PM
The hell with sending my reels back to the manufacturer ... I'm sending them to you're house for fixing! Awesome job on the tear down and rebuild, one question though ... what was that "extra" part still on the papertowel in the end?

BTW, that outboard I got from you runs like a champ!

Tight lines pal!

Adam_777
07-15-2008, 02:43 PM
It was a screwdriver bit.There was a different size allen screw holding the foot to the housing.I did that job earlier and still had the bit out.Glad to hear the motor runs good for you.Hope it gets you guys out to some big fish.