View Full Version : STAY AWAY FROM ME!!!!

JFigliuolo
07-14-2008, 08:28 AM
Seriously!

As I've noted in the past, my wife is in bad shape.

Last year, my good friend (dar3) also got sick. He's going in for an operation wednesday AM.

My fishing partner, and friend, Jay (shadow) is getting cut tomorrow (Herniated disc)

WTF!!!! I am the freakin kiss of death!

Anyway, keep the above 2 guys in your thoughts. Gettin cut in the middle of the season has to suck!

I've lost any shred of faith I've ever had, but if that's you style feel free to do your thing.

JohnR
07-14-2008, 08:31 AM
Seeing bas things are said to happen in threes - you're probably safe now :tm:

Seriously though, tough times touch all of us.

I wish you and your family the best as I wish safe recovery on Dar & Shadow.

Godspeed guys!

bart
07-14-2008, 08:34 AM
best wishes

Clammer
07-14-2008, 08:38 AM
JF

hang in there & try & fight the negative feelings ?/ Believe I,ve been there way too often ;;
I hope you & your family & your partners the best ><><

BigFish
07-14-2008, 08:41 AM
JF....keep the faith man! Hope your wife is feeling better! Dar and Shadow......hope you feel better soon!:btu:

bassballer
07-14-2008, 08:54 AM
GOOD LUCK ON CLEAN RECOVERIES FOR BOTH GUYS.

Finaddict
07-14-2008, 11:52 AM
JF - T&Ps for everyone - wife, friends, etc. As best you can, and it's not easy, try to stay focused on positive stuff - it's hard but as said above, keep the faith. Our T&Ps to you all.

In The Surf
07-14-2008, 12:55 PM
Hang in there Joe. No need to feel superstitious.
None of this is your fault so don't feel guilty or that your to blame.
Best wishes to the Mrs., Jay and dar3.

striperman36
07-14-2008, 01:00 PM
You weren't driving on 128 early Sat morning?

5 String Bass
07-14-2008, 01:18 PM
Don't they say trouble comes in 3s? If so, you should be all set for awhile. Best wishes and take it out on the fishes!

steve
07-14-2008, 01:21 PM
Hang in there J. As Clammer says, Appreciate what you have!. I just went through something pretty bad, and with support from family, my love Sheila and some very , very good friends I'm getting through it. I also had fishing which I appriciate even more than ever before I got sick.

JFigliuolo
07-14-2008, 01:21 PM
This post was actually (mostly anyway) toungue in cheek. While it is quite a strange coincidence, I in no way believe that I am a curse/jinx/Jonah...

The losing faith part is however true. The things I've seen my wife go through has taken a toll. You see someone who is without question 10 times the person you could ever hope to be go through something you wouldn't wish on anybody.
Try rationalizing that w/ the idea of a beneveloent (sp) higher power...

It was really more to let folks know what happened to Jay, and wish both of them good luck!

JFigliuolo
07-14-2008, 01:34 PM
Hang in there J. As Clammer says, Appreciate what you have!. I just went through something pretty bad, and with support from family, my love Sheila and some very , very good friends I'm getting through it. I also had fishing which I appriciate even more than ever before I got sick.

Funny, I think of Clammers sig all the time. I've been fortunate enough to be able to get my wife back fishing this year from a kayak. Seeing her catch schoolies gives me nore joy than any fish I ever brought up to the rocks.

Raven
07-14-2008, 01:35 PM
it's just that it's beyond our present view.....
(or ....out of reach of our understanding)

so therefore,
it's incomprehensible thus far.

i say this because

i am "in there" too.....

piemma
07-14-2008, 01:50 PM
JF:
I say prayers all the time. I'll say some on your behalf.

Polar Express
07-14-2008, 03:27 PM
when they cut him let us know what he's been feeding on.:uhuh:

Adam_777
07-14-2008, 04:16 PM
Hope for a speedy recovery for your friends and glad to hear your wife is doing good and fishing.

Faith is something thats been implanted in most of us when we were younger.Some keep it ,others have let it fade.Personally it has faded in me because all the bad I've seen good people go through .When standing at the end of the road with two paths to choose the answer is obvious as to which path would be taken.Until I'm at that crossroad I'm not sure it is even there or if I'm driving down the road to no where .

tinyboatbigfish
07-14-2008, 05:50 PM
Good luck to both

jim sylvester
07-14-2008, 07:03 PM
hang in there Joe

pass along well wishes for Jay for me

shadow
07-14-2008, 07:39 PM
thanks Jim.Joe you are a black cloud this is all your fault this and the hook in my hand last week is also your fault i will run from you next time I see you:tooth:just kidding buddy(lol)thanks for your thoughts.Ialso wish dar and christa the best.

dar3
07-15-2008, 09:10 PM
Ok shadow had his surgery todsy and I had my first procedure done and have two holes in my head one abov eeach ear. That was out patient tommorrow is the big day I will be in hospita; for 4-5 days and laid up for 2-3 months. Joe thanks for thinking of us. Thos eif you who do not know joe are missing one hellof a man. This guy is the best and I can tell you he does have faith if he did not he would not be here with us. I have been through hell and and so has he we are laways there for each other through itall. Friend till the end.

Peace
Dar

shadow
07-16-2008, 08:55 AM
don hope all goes well for you my friend, you are right on about joe:jump:talk to you soon.rest up so your reedy for nov.

Swimmer
07-16-2008, 10:50 AM
Hope you boys are up and at em' reel soon.

JFigliuolo
07-16-2008, 11:38 AM
Don's went better than expected. Just got a call from my wife. So hopefully, he'll be up to slaughtering bambi come fall.

Jay is checking the tides for next week! :shocked: I'm sure he'll come to his senses before then.

I know they both appreciated the kind thoughts and wishes.

BassDawg
07-16-2008, 04:42 PM
when times get tough,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

that's when i amp up the prayer Life.

keep the faith, for with God's help
all things are possible!!

pain, death, and evil don't come from God.

but His Word, His Son, and His Spirit WILL help you
to weather this current storm. am very GLAD to hear that
all the surgeries went well. best wishes for yer missus, sending
prayers this evening for her and you, m'man!!

dar3
07-22-2008, 09:55 AM
Well I appreciate all the prayers and kind thoughts that people have put out there for us. I called shadow this morning ans said hey meeet me at the ramp we will get some pogies and go fish. We both had a good chuckle but the sick part was if we could persuade so to drive and snag we would get on a boat know. Oh yea and we did not have those wonderful wifes at home who follow doctors orders.LOL LOL. This is the one time I will listen to the doctors the spinal canal is nothing to mess around with as I can fell everything now and I can walk and talk so those fish are going to have to wait for you folks to go catch them. The deer well a few of them might have some problems this year as that is a main source of food in my family very healthy food no mad cow in them (yet)

Anyway peace to all and hopefully soon enough I will be able to put a face to some of these names.

Dar3

JohnR
07-22-2008, 10:01 AM
Dar - good news for you and Shadow :btu:

(though it looks like you are typing under the influence [of medication] :tooth: )

dar3
07-22-2008, 10:18 AM
Yes john r I am under the influence of meds but not real bad. I also forgot to proof read and spell check. whoops

Raven
07-22-2008, 01:02 PM
Anyway peace to all and hopefully soon enough I will be able to put a face to some of these names.

Dar3

Dar3 the way to accomplish this is to attend the S-B LEGS meetings
where everyone chows down with a pot luck supper then goes fishing.........

and also to attend other events especially PLUGFEST

keep on healing up... you do have to put a demand on your
body for it to heal ....just don't over do it...is what counts...
take it slow....for now... and take your vitamins too :btu: