View Full Version : WEEKEND PLANS

striperjerk1
11-08-2002, 10:50 AM
Well i guess i,ll start it off. Who,s going out this weekend to take the plunge? i,ll be in s.county hitting the suds.;)

MountainBreeze
11-08-2002, 10:51 AM
I'll be out in CT surf Sat & Sun Morn.

Good luck,
Rob

STEVE IN MASS
11-08-2002, 11:00 AM
Tentative to nearly firm plans to be in Weeky EARLY Sunday AM........

Home in time for the game....(though it's a late game this weekend anyway)......

Mr. Sandman
11-08-2002, 11:38 AM
I plan to play golf this saturday and surf fish sat night and perhaps sunday night as well....I got enough eels left I could chum with them. My buddy still has his boat in and I will twist his arm to drift a few eels thru the rips on sunday.
I have a feeling this may be the last horah for the year for me. Gotta take advantage of the weather.

Saltheart
11-08-2002, 11:47 AM
I'm finishing some chores but have been awfully tempted to get an easy afternoon at the beach in before it gets too cold. You never know! :)

mikecc
11-08-2002, 12:05 PM
Sit in a tree stand saturday then it's off to CT on sunday / Monday. to check out this yearts new products at a trade show :wall:

Fishpart
11-08-2002, 12:45 PM
Hope to sling some eels Sat night.

hooked
11-08-2002, 02:39 PM
I'm popping my RI cherry.

Had a good year catching stripers from Kennebunkport to Chatham. Not ready to call it quits yet.

Will be somewhere between Narragansett and Watch Hill starting in about 12 hours.

JohnR
11-08-2002, 03:09 PM
Thanks for starting this thread :D Well, the clutch fork fell out of my tranny this morning in bumper to bumper 95 traffic, so 4 hours later when the tow truck showed and then I checked the car to see - looks like the nicest weekend and best last chance at a bass has been replaced by a clutch without a lift & air tools... RRrrrrgggg!

Clammer - you thinking what I'm thinking for tonight? I'm probably not hitting CT this weekend now (though the wife is going)...

Topwater
11-08-2002, 03:27 PM
Heading to Mohegan Sun on Saturday with a group from work. Can't decide if I want to take my own truck down and stay over to fish early Sunday morning. The outer Cape also has its possibilities. Pats are playing late so I may have more of the morning than if they started at 1PM.

Any thoughts on Watch Hill or P-Town?

John, That s#cks about the truck. I know there are a few club members heading down to that Tree area.

Topwater

Oh yea, I also need to try out a sweet 9' custom rod my wife wife gave to me for the birthday.

Got Stripers
11-08-2002, 03:52 PM
I'm heading down the rivers, or up the rivers depending on your view and the tide. Saturday in the in Mass and Sunday in CT, too windy to go cod fishing with fisherwomen and friends, so I'm headed inland. Schoolie I'll let you know on the Sunday departure time, plan on meeting me at the house. Slip, what about you for tomorrow, should I swing by or pick you up in Wareham? Red?

Enjoy the warm weather everyone and if you can't get out in the salt, hit your local freshwater bass pond, wade the windy shoreline and throw out tandem willow-leafs. Even better on a shoreline with some leftover weed, slowly retrieve the spinnerbait allowing it to tick the weeds and hang on. If I hadn't turned into such a striper junkie, that's what I'd be doing, chasing down lunker largemouths.

Goose
11-08-2002, 04:23 PM
If the tree stand doesn't burn me out I might give conger eels a shot.

surf fishing IN R.I.
11-08-2002, 04:26 PM
well iam going to the cannel or i might try southshore IN LittleCompton R.I. BUT IAM GOING FISHING:D

Clammer
11-08-2002, 06:09 PM
John R just read your post , its blowing a gale
I wanted to do tomorrow day/or at least after the flood
got a invite from G/S but couldn,t commit because of r/e
let me know what your up for
Bassman is out now
PS you a & fishpart start saving your brownie poits & money , //// I just ordered a boat a hour ago ,should be in in a couple of weeks, then it will be tied up having if outfitted to my needs
anyone looking for a Midland cheap//////////////

Scotch Bonnet
11-08-2002, 07:09 PM
So which boat did you decide on Mike?????? Oh yeah, working all weekend, but the Breachway is looking good around 4 am tomorrow! Sunday might take the boat out in the salt pond one last time before I pull it for the season.

Clammer
11-08-2002, 07:28 PM
21 sea hunt/w150 yahama, stripped of some of the extras w/ some customizing to be done to make it fit my needs
4am is that the right tide ????
I wouldn,t mind Sunday am before work/////

It will be a long winter waiting to put bass in the boat
BUT now I can get to the large//////:happy:

redcrbbr
11-08-2002, 07:42 PM
if the wind stops, i'll fish the beach for a while tomorrow night and then see if anything is still around out on gooseberry sunday. watch the pats win another one.

Canalratt1
11-08-2002, 08:44 PM
Hitting the ponds on the Cape for the freshwater boys. I got word the cod are in very close mixed with macs in 30 to 60 feet!