View Full Version : TURN OFFS ARE A TURN ON

Swimmer
07-23-2008, 04:53 PM
I received my turn off package today from Saltbugger, and it has to be the best money I have spent in a long time. Thanks for cleaning out the shop. Probably wont get to the wood until winter, but its going to be fun when I do. I'd recommend buying one of these boxes anytime.

UserRemoved1
07-23-2008, 06:31 PM
glad you liked it swimmer. Dig to the bottom it turns to needles :)

UserRemoved1
07-23-2008, 06:36 PM
btw all those pieces that have centers on them-re-use those in the lathe and turn whatever was up with the blank out. That's alot of cedar there. The little poppers were kit bodies off the lathe from setup as were needles etc. Since each process is so specific and tooling is made to do each step a different way, something as simple as a drive center breaking or a offset blank etc makes it so that piece can't be finished. The other thing that happens is each program has to be tuned to "work" the blank properly which takes some time. There are certain cut angles which will cause the blank to catch and blowout when turning cnc. It varies by wood and how long it's been since the cobalt cutter has been changed. Alot of that stuff was drilled...check the tail weight sizes and use the blanks predrilled for spooks etc.

Swimmer
07-28-2008, 10:19 AM
btw all those pieces that have centers on them-re-use those in the lathe and turn whatever was up with the blank out. That's alot of cedar there. The little poppers were kit bodies off the lathe from setup as were needles etc. Since each process is so specific and tooling is made to do each step a different way, something as simple as a drive center breaking or a offset blank etc makes it so that piece can't be finished. The other thing that happens is each program has to be tuned to "work" the blank properly which takes some time. There are certain cut angles which will cause the blank to catch and blowout when turning cnc. It varies by wood and how long it's been since the cobalt cutter has been changed. Alot of that stuff was drilled...check the tail weight sizes and use the blanks predrilled for spooks etc.

I dug down. Even my wife thought I hit the jackpot. She started fondling some of the larger wood. And she doesn't fish.

likwid
07-28-2008, 02:18 PM
I dug down. Even my wife thought I hit the jackpot. She started fondling some of the larger wood. And she doesn't fish.

He sent ricos too? :rotf2:

Swimmer
07-29-2008, 09:24 AM
He sent ricos too? :rotf2:
:uhuh: