View Full Version : Fish are still around...

fishweewee
11-10-2002, 01:36 AM
Was surprised to tangle with some razor-lipped bloofish in C-Town today. Still around, blitzing heavily under the birds.

All-you-can-catch sub-twinkie linesiders in the breachway on the outgoing. While I usually frown upon targeting small schoolies, I figure you might as well get your kicks in...because the fat seals at the breachway opening were chowing on them this afternoon. :af: :rolleyes:

Still a few keeper sized fish too.

-WW

bloocrab
11-10-2002, 11:28 AM
I second the motion......:D:D:D

...also taken this morning....

bloocrab
11-10-2002, 11:29 AM
NO....thats not dust your seeing on your screen ;) .......ALL BIRDS!!!

:laughs: :happy: :D

fishweewee
11-10-2002, 11:52 AM
Bloo-

Would you believe I have a similar picture, taken at NIGHT?!!

I fished a bird blitz in an illuminated stretch of beach last night. Waiting for the 35 mm photos to come back. Unreal.

-WW

bloocrab
11-10-2002, 11:57 AM
weewee... I BELIEVE!! :D

These fish KNOW what time it is...

...it didn't take long for these fish to get within casting distance. The wind was making it hard to get out. The wind was my only enemy.....or was it ? :D :smash: The bait kept getting trapped in the rocks.

..must have been a Gorgeous night too eh??

fishweewee
11-10-2002, 12:34 PM
Oh man, Bloo, it was Blootiful last night! :p

Temps in the 50's, West-South West wind from 7-15 mph (not too bad where I was).

It's likely the bigger fish already passed through but what a night!

-WW

Clammer
11-10-2002, 02:01 PM
I must have been right around you two
I was at C/B & bloos picture picture looks I was close to there
ww I couldn,t handle all the people on the breachway, even thou two guys were taking fish steady /casting east into the pocket///// :confused: :confused: :confused:

fishweewee
11-10-2002, 05:13 PM
CD-

I was on the West side casting East.

I probably tangled up with ya. :smash:

-WW

Clammer
11-10-2002, 06:30 PM
na, w/w I fished a beach in the pocket,caught a couple
most of my fish came from way east, got a couple in the rocks near WEEK but a ton of weeds,see what tomorrow brings////////////////

Bill L
11-10-2002, 08:08 PM
Found large schools of bluefish working along the south shore today-- birds from Matunuck to Charlestown, inshore and off. First decent blitz activity I've seen in a while. Found a ton of birds working a school at green hill in the afternoon, caught a bunch, hopped to c-town and picked it up again to sunset --- great fishing, wet and wild with the rain and heavy surf, stiff breeze, gulls gannets and terns. Was fishing by myself most of the time :D Fish were on the small side (less than 10#, most around 5#). Was also around c-town sat and sun early am --- loads of small bass, no size. I think its odd that there haven't been any larger bass mixed in (compared to past years)

Scotch Bonnet
11-10-2002, 10:32 PM
Saw those fish (and Matoonoc) scouting with my son. I'll bet theres another good blitz in the morning. I'll be out at sunrise (minus the little one). Anybody else hitting the South Shore?

bloocrab
11-11-2002, 08:52 AM
...the GREAT news is that the fish I'm seeing/catching are still way to the East of you guys....:) so prepare yourselves for more of what your seeing now...AT LEAST another solid week, even with this rain we're having now.

I managed to get a 14+ #er yesterday...but your right, WHERE ARE THE LARGE??

JohnR
11-11-2002, 08:59 AM
I managed to get a 14+ #er yesterday...but your right, WHERE ARE THE LARGE??

Any word from the Montauk boys? If they have them out there, the big gals may be making the "Awful Circle Route" away from our tiny shores :( - IT happens :eek5:

bloocrab
11-11-2002, 09:00 AM
...Birds and fish as far as you could see!!!

GET OUT THERE FELLAS!!! you too ladies ;)

Unfortunatley, I did NOT have my waders on yesterday...and washed my feet many times...but these 2 were well prepared and must have also had a BLAST!!!

More of yesterday's fun...

fishweewee
11-11-2002, 09:22 AM
Bloo,

With the way the winds were blowing and the heave was coming in, I figure a wetsuit wouldn't be enough for that rock!

:smash:

bloocrab
11-11-2002, 12:11 PM
...your right about that, its a great rock ... but I couldn't do that baby yesterday :(

As you can see, I was well in the background on some much higher ground. I don't think those fellas had to swim, but I'm sure they were up to their arm pits in ... :confused: FISH :p

I actually enjoyed watching them for awhile, I admire their dedication. It's nice knowing there are more of us out there. :)

Here's another shot of the boyz in action--

and yeah, the birds were buzzzing around like beees