View Full Version : Serenity Friekin' Now!!

The Dad Fisherman
07-29-2008, 11:37 AM
Took my truck for its inspection a few weeks ago and it failed because it was throwing a couple of codes w/ the check engine light. Took it in today to get it taken care of and they say I need a new gas tank....a friggin $1000 to replace it.

Why do vehicles always know when you finally have some extra cash? :wall:

eastendlu
07-29-2008, 12:13 PM
I'd get a second opinion.

The Dad Fisherman
07-29-2008, 12:21 PM
I'd get a second opinion.

They said I was Ugly Too.

Slipknot
07-29-2008, 12:27 PM
go somewhere else
maybe the code just needs resetting because maybe you pumped gas and forgot or did not tighten the cap fully
that cancause a code

good luck

look into it further though, it don't sound kosher

luds
07-29-2008, 12:44 PM
go somewhere else
maybe the code just needs resetting because maybe you pumped gas and forgot or did not tighten the cap fully
that cancause a code

good luck

look into it further though, it don't sound kosher

Takes slips advice but if you really do need one be thankful you at least have the cash to cover it.

Backbeach Jake
07-29-2008, 05:15 PM
Needing a gas tank these days is a very rare one. What vehicle is it and does it have a plastic tank. Also is there a chance that it may be a warrantee repair if it really needs one. 2nd opinion. You're not that ugly.

The Dad Fisherman
07-30-2008, 07:27 AM
It was a code that it was throwing, had a friend of mine reset them and it threw them again in a day. I'm going to have him take a look at the tank and let me know whats up.

and to top it all of my Freshwater reel broke yesterday and now I need to replace it.

riverrat55
07-30-2008, 08:22 AM
Did you recently change your gas cap to a locking one???
This will sometimes cause the check engine lite to go on!!!
If this is the case, then put the original cap back on and the lite should go off in a day or two!!!
Then get a proper fitting locking gas cap!!!

Rockport24
07-30-2008, 03:49 PM
that sucks TDF!

"ya know that serenity now stuff doesn't work....."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5513mXmQbw4

MrHunters
07-30-2008, 05:18 PM
is a gas tank something you can get at the junk yard? it can't be too hard to replace. can it? :huh: