View Full Version : a couple of forgotten plugs

Diggin Jiggin
07-31-2008, 05:51 PM
Every year I start some stuff and forget about it or put it down for one reason or another.

Last week I was putting some polyurethane on some new window trim and these two were still hanging up. The belly hole on the tiger maple one was too big so I'd set it aside, and the black one was a pine experiment that I never finished. So while I had the poly out I dunked em in the poly and said thats good enough.

I was going to tie some tails on these and when looking for my bucktail I came across a little pack of ronz rubber tails and light jig heads that I won as part of an OTW weekly prize 2 years go. Seemed a lot easier to throw a rubber tail on them and I like the fact that it gives them some serious size and a little more weight. I'm going to do some plugging tonight, see if I can find a fish to give em the thumbs up ...

justplugit
07-31-2008, 07:02 PM
Nice effect with the tiger maple. :btu:

gone fishin
07-31-2008, 10:34 PM
Nice job --they look like pocket rockets. Eels anyone?:drool:

Scaup
08-01-2008, 08:22 AM
Sweet looking

numbskull
08-01-2008, 09:15 AM
Apparently they work as well as they look. Nice stuff.

Rockfish9
08-01-2008, 09:38 AM
Nice!!! bet the embellisment smells better than what I've been using...

Mr. Sandman
08-14-2008, 12:59 PM
I tried that last year with a couple small Hab's (night and gail's as well the small needle.) with ronz tails. I had mixed results. I took off the tails and did better with a bucktail for some reason. They look awesome in the water with the tail I just didn't catch a lot of fish with them and they went from the front of my bag to the plano box.
For some odd reason I can't catch a fish on a ronz this year...last year they were killer, this year they will not touch them.:huh: