View Full Version : Pay Favre not to play, that burns my butt

Swimmer
08-02-2008, 12:48 PM
Supposedly a deal is being hammered out to pay Favre $20,000,000.00 not play play, but to market the franchise. Where else in life would this happen?

Raven
08-02-2008, 01:16 PM
it's the strangest thing i've ever heard about football ....yet...:1poke:

BigFish
08-02-2008, 04:03 PM
Guess there is a price for Favre's passion and love for the game! He sure went out without much class and dignity!

Swimmer
08-03-2008, 11:57 AM
He hasn't learned that the game is bigger than him, not the other way around.

Raven
08-04-2008, 05:56 AM
he has to compete

should prove interesting

Duke41
08-04-2008, 06:28 AM
Talk about a high presure situation. This could easily turn into a cancer and kill the packers season

The Dad Fisherman
08-04-2008, 07:17 AM
I guess I see it differently than you guys....I think that if the guy wants to continue to play he should be allowed to play.....where ever he can.

I think it was pretty crappy of Green Bay to say we don't want you back but you can't go anywhere else either.

Raider Ronnie
08-04-2008, 08:28 AM
I guess I see it differently than you guys....I think that if the guy wants to continue to play he should be allowed to play.....where ever he can.

I think it was pretty crappy of Green Bay to say we don't want you back but you can't go anywhere else either.

He's under contract with them.

The Dad Fisherman
08-04-2008, 08:40 AM
He's under contract with them.

I know he's under contract....so let him try and make the team. Don't tell him to go home and not play.

and if you're not going to let him try and make the team let him go.

The guy just wants to play football.

Raider Ronnie
08-04-2008, 03:29 PM
I know he's under contract....so let him try and make the team. Don't tell him to go home and not play.

and if you're not going to let him try and make the team let him go.

The guy just wants to play football.

Screw him !!!
He's been playing this game the past 2-3 seasons, making the team wait till the very last second if he's going to play or retire!
He retired , his choice not theirs, now he's playing this game again !
Screw him!
One of the most over rated ever anyway !

RIROCKHOUND
08-04-2008, 03:45 PM
I agree.
He wants to play. let him.
He played too many contract/head games? Definetly.
Still, I agree with TDF. let him try, trade him, but let him play.

RR, if they traded him to Oakland, you'd say screw him and stick with Jamarcus?

Raider Ronnie
08-04-2008, 03:53 PM
I agree.
He wants to play. let him.
He played too many contract/head games? Definetly.
Still, I agree with TDF. let him try, trade him, but let him play.

RR, if they traded him to Oakland, you'd say screw him and stick with Jamarcus?

No,
Don't want him !

RIROCKHOUND
08-04-2008, 04:50 PM
Wow.
No offense, but I don't believe you. If Oakland was in the talks you might still complain about his decisions, but you'd like the results..
Farve would instantly make at least 1/2 the teams in the league better. The raiders one of them.

Mike Golic had a great rant a while back (not about Farve) about someone else flip-flopping on retiring, and his point was, who has the right to tell an athlete they can't compete anymore, just because a fan felt it would tarnish their rep or memories of said player. There are few Tiki Barbers or Barry sanders out there who leave in their prime, and while I would have preferred to have seen Farve not retire and unretire, I admire his drive to keep playing... I prefer seeing a player you have to drag off the field. If it was all about just money he'd have taken the deal. I think he just wants to play..

FWIW, I'm an Eagles fan, not a packers fan...

RIROCKHOUND
08-04-2008, 05:20 PM
True.
He hasn't proven himself in that situation.
But for 1/2 the teams in the league, getting there would still be an improvement...

EarnedStripes44
08-06-2008, 10:19 AM
Let Favre play.

The Dad Fisherman
08-06-2008, 10:42 AM
Until he took them into the big game..Then he would revert back to being Lord Favre,Gunslinger,and throw across his body and across the field into the hands of a defender.Or firing up a wounded duck,a la January's NFC Champ game...Different team,same ending..

One Word ......."Merchandising"

whatever team ends up with him will probably make some coin on his name.