View Full Version : Eelskin plug storage?

pbadad
08-04-2008, 06:42 PM
I've been keeping my skin plugs in a baggie in the fridge and freezer. Either way they seem to change color, VMC hooks rust and get a little dry. I recently brined my skins as per Zeno's book. The color is very sharp blue:love: and they are much tougher. I want to keep them in good shape for the upcoming fall. What are some of the ways my fellow striperman store your "skins"?

fcap60
08-04-2008, 06:44 PM
That's easy. I store mine at your house.:fury::uhuh::buds:

Tagger
08-04-2008, 07:20 PM
I have a couple of plugs that constantly go in and out of the freezer.. I know what your saying .. are getting a little dull . In the bottom corner of the fridge I have some eel skin "Lasanga"... In (guessing )12"x9") tubberware container there's a layer of kosher salt,,a layer of eel skins ,,followed by another layer of kosher salt and so on .. Then I sprinkle with water.. and occainsionally sprinkle more as I use them ,,cause the fridge seems to dry things out .. No smell or complaints from wife . I get a couple of years out of a batch before they are gone .. stay mint ,, color and everything ..

Flaptail
08-04-2008, 07:55 PM
Do not ever leave one in a bag in a hot car for a couple days without salt etc. The skin on my forgotten plugs disintegrated, it's happened before but I zoned out and ledt two newly skinned JR. Atoms in the truck wrapped in saltwater soaked paper towels in plastic plug bags.

Two days and zip, totally ruined. Oh well. Make sure you always store them properly.