View Full Version : Commin home for one day of fishing maybe two

Sluggoslinger
08-05-2008, 11:50 AM
Well I'm flying out on Thursday night, landing on friday at 540am gettting picked up at the airport and driving straight to chatham with plans to be on my boat no later than 730am.

I know i picked a crap tide / moon phase but just a couple stripers would be nice. Anyone care to PM my how their luck has been around our chatham spots. I don't need to keep if we're outside the 3nm line so i'll go anywhere.

Are sand eels still plentiful? What shops have the freshies? Any info is much appriciated!:thanks:

JohnR
08-06-2008, 06:49 AM
sent PM...

Welcome back for short stay! How's Cali?

Raven
08-06-2008, 06:52 AM
DID ya feel the quake?

Sluggoslinger
08-06-2008, 12:02 PM
Quake was pretty cool, wasn't sure if it was a terrorist attack or what until someone told me...

Raven
08-06-2008, 12:07 PM
the first one is always the best

kind of like your first girl friend

you'll never forget her

great for the earth quake crack repair business though

good luck Fishin brother...

Sluggoslinger
08-06-2008, 04:18 PM
Thanks buddy! hope all is well!

Sluggoslinger
08-11-2008, 03:28 PM
Well, we hit the rips out by monomoy and it was deadsville. Hanky was a waste of time despite a ton of boats. Bearses was junk until just as we were leaving i saw some birds in one of the rips, figured it was blues and it was fully packed with stripers. We got them on top water with a sand eel looking needle plug. Caught dinner for 10 and every last bit was tasty!

On a side not, i almost flipped my boat. i've been going out there for 15 years and never ever seen a suprise wave like this. We had about an 8ft rogue wave in the rips that just popped up right from undernieth us and if i had not got on the gas i think we would have rolled. My friend fell right off the side of the boat... close call. just goes to show that she'll throw a curve ball at you every once in a while...

OLD GOAT
08-11-2008, 04:58 PM
slug I have almost bought the farm out there a few times. Please stay safe

tynan19
08-11-2008, 07:17 PM
Must have felt great to provide the meal. Glad you made it out ok.

MarshCappa
08-12-2008, 12:56 PM
That was your welcome home wave!:laugha: Seriously though I'm glad you made out ok. I hope you have a wonderful time back in MA.