View Full Version : Looking To Get All Wet!

BigFish
08-07-2008, 05:27 PM
Thinking about going wetsuit very soon and I am looking for any help, information, guidance as far as brands that are good, places to buy them and what I can expect to pay for one??

Thanks in advance!:kewl:

redlite
08-07-2008, 05:34 PM
I don't think they make them big enough.......go to the dive shop on rt139 in marshfield at the end of slingah's st....it is very important to get the right size....then buy there or shop on line......look to spend @300 for a good one......no more athletes foot due to pee breaks

BigFish
08-07-2008, 05:42 PM
There he is....Mr. Redlite! Hey Mike...what about boots?

shadow
08-07-2008, 05:53 PM
I spent over 200 on a one piece neo sport 2 years ago and hate it so last year I picked up a two piece spora sub on sale for around 150 and love it.If i'am fishing a jetty or some place I don't want to wear waders or need the top half i can just wear the bottoms and a dry top, very comfortable.I wear 3mm dive socks and chota wading boots,I think the edge has the spora subs there cheap as well.

Striperhound
08-07-2008, 05:54 PM
Larry, I hope John does not mind but one of the site sponsors SWE has a great thread on wetsuit fishing and all the info you could want and more. It is in the general forum over there. Not to mention Rob, Pete and the guys are neck deep in the drink all the time so the info is good stuff.

BigFish
08-07-2008, 06:13 PM
Thanks Warren! Hey how have you been? Don't think badly of Pete and the guys at the Edge.....we are all entitled to imbibe a little now and then!:hihi::cheers2:

I will check that out.....I should have thought of that!

Sea Dangles
08-07-2008, 06:17 PM
I won a gift cert from OTW for otb water boots worth 115 I would let go for 50.

Striperhound
08-07-2008, 07:40 PM
Things are good except I am land locked. I spend my fishing time fly fishing up in the Adirondack mountains on the West branch of the Ausable. It's fun but not like the surf.

tobias
08-07-2008, 08:59 PM
Larry, you're going to have to go custom. It'll cost you about $250 which isn't too bad for a custom suit. This is the route I went. PM me and I'll give you the info.

american spirit
08-07-2008, 09:05 PM
Thinking about going wetsuit very soon and I am looking for any help, information, guidance as far as brands that are good, places to buy them and what I can expect to pay for one??

Thanks in advance!:kewl:

top of the line used wetsuit for 150. comes with nice previous owner scent. speaking from experience :deer:

no prob, as long at you can handle that.

Mr. Krinkle
08-07-2008, 09:57 PM
Big Fish...check out Henderson Hyperstretch. As far as comfort there is no comparison to any other I have worn. You will not regret it. There is no need to try any other wetsuit.

BasicPatrick
08-07-2008, 09:57 PM
Larry,
When I bought my wet suit a couple years ago I searched all over because most places do not carry them in "Big" sizes (Go Team Grey Seal or Let The Sarcasm Begin). There are many available online but all my Montauk friends told me not to buy if I did not at least try it on. I was looking for a suit with a lot more thickness than most guys here because I bought it for Skishing. I found a dive shop in Framingham that carry's a wide variety and they regularly carry the big sizes. I forget the name but if you search you will know it because they come up all over.

While you are at it you should look at a pair of "Force Fins"

Flaptail
08-08-2008, 06:09 AM
Larry, you would definetly be mistaken for a seal, especially if you and Patrick ever go skishing.

Probably get jumped by some horny female gray seals.

BigFish
08-08-2008, 06:09 AM
Thinking of going "Kayak" too!

Diggin Jiggin
08-08-2008, 06:22 AM
Larry, you would definetly be mistaken for a seal, especially if you and Patrick ever go skishing.

Probably get jumped by some horny female gray seals.

I guess thats better than horny male ones.

JFigliuolo
08-08-2008, 07:07 AM
I've got a Mares Trilastic (or some crap like that)... VERY stretchy and comfortable, one piece. If your a big guy custom may be your only option.

I remember (This most likely won't be helpfull...) talking to a spearfishman one at WH. He had a custom suit made by a guy in italy (Yeah, that's right... ITALY). You sent him your measurements, he made a suit for you. It was around ~$150. He LOVED IT. Of couse that was 3 years ago and I have no other info that might help you locate the guy...

JFigliuolo
08-08-2008, 07:10 AM
Thinking of going "Kayak" too!

Once you go Yak, you don't go back!

eastendlu
08-08-2008, 07:47 AM
I own a surfing style wetsuit made for great mobility some that i had tried on were to stiff keep that in mind Larry as its an important feature when surfcasting with one.My .02

bassballer
08-08-2008, 07:52 AM
Larry, I hope John does not mind but one of the site sponsors SWE has a great thread on wetsuit fishing and all the info you could want and more. It is in the general forum over there. Not to mention Rob, Pete and the guys are neck deep in the drink all the time so the info is good stuff.

I have to second this. That threadt has everything you need to know on wetsuiting. Not to try and send someone to that site, but it really is as helpful as it gets on that subject. Everything from skishing, to boots, to what guys wear underneath:bl: