View Full Version : Hey everyone, New in New Hampshire

Kurt_Remick
08-07-2008, 08:13 PM
Hey guys I am new to striper fishing as of last summer. I caught a few schoolies (>26") on the south side of Plumb Island last summer and 1 this summer. I live in Dover NH and I'm looking for places to fish in and around the great bay. I have gone out the last few nights but I'm having no luck. Can someone help me out? Give me a few pointers and cast me out in the right direction? Thanks Guys good luck Fishin'
Kurt

Squid kids Dad
08-07-2008, 10:02 PM
Welcome to the site Kurt

The Dad Fisherman
08-07-2008, 10:10 PM
Come to one of the Plum Island Surfasters meetings and check it out...you'll meet some great guys that will be more than happy to help you out.

plumislandsurfcasters.org for info :kewl:

steve
08-08-2008, 04:30 AM
Try around Jenness beach in Rye. It has some great striper holes and NOOOOOObody fishes there after dark. I can't believe it. Try live eels, rigged eels, 9 inch sluggos and needlefish plugs. This month and sept. are great. My girlfriends daughter lives there and I can't wait to get back there and surf fish. Good luck!

Kurt_Remick
08-08-2008, 01:54 PM
I'd like to check out that plumb island group. I love fishing around there. I'll think I'll check out Rye tonight if the weather holds out. Thanks for the help guys I'll let you know if I get anything and if I do I guess I owe someone a beer!

The Iceman 6
08-08-2008, 01:57 PM
Welcome aboard KR, good luck tonight.

gone fishin
08-08-2008, 08:35 PM
Welcome Kurt. You are in prime striper area on that river.

Kurt_Remick
08-09-2008, 09:36 AM
I didn't go out last night due to the rain but spent some time researching what I can do to catch some live bait in the areas I'm fishing. Oh yeah has anyone fished Adams Point? I work at UNH and go out there to mow their research area out there and I talked to some guys fishing there last week. They said it was great but I have had no luck. Anyone catch anything last night?