View Full Version : No Sh*t, This Really Happened...

Crafty Angler
08-07-2008, 09:55 PM
I haven't been able to go online much since this happened last Saturday night because we've been reconfiguring our network here in the office, but this is a corker.

This even beats stumbling on the bikini photo shoot at Beavertail a few years back when I was on my way to meet RIROCKHEAD for a night of eeling on the other side of the Bridge.

This past Saturday night I got home from work at midnight and decided to have a cold beer or two on my 2nd floor porch to decompress a little after a busy night.

You guys already know that my house is mere feet from the fabled Tems Flyway, which is a blessing for an avid life-long birdwatcher like myself to be able to sit and watch the bed-thrashers and red-breasted warblers in flight.

Anyhoo, after a very brief :hihi: conversation with a fun-seeker intent on rearranging my porch parts during an argument with his girlfriend, I slipped into a second frosty to regain my composure and noticed a half-dozen young lovelies round the corner of my street after closing time. Turns out they were part of the group of twenty-somethings that live across the street - all dressed up for a night out and more than a little tipsy, they stopped in front of my house to chirp for a bit.

I sit back and the next thing I hear is "Hey, you guys, look at this!". I look over the rail and sure enough, one of the blondes is standing in front of house with...well, the top half of her dress is around her waist, her arms are in the air and she's swinging back and forth yelling "WOO WOO! WOO WOO!"

I knew the call immediately, a red breasted warbler! (Or wobbler, in this case). Her girlfriends rush her like papparazzi, snapping away with their cell-phones and I'm sitting there dumbfounded. She puts herself back together, goes across the street to their house and gives the girls one more good shot at it on their porch before going inside. All I could say was "Thank you, my dear, you've made a dirty old man very happy."

Just the damnedest thing I've ever seen. Well, recently anyway.

So I guess the bottom line is, if any of you guys see this on YouTube with my house in the background, could you please send me the link? :rotflmao:

Thanks In Advance :hihi:

WoodsHole
08-07-2008, 10:05 PM
So swinging back and forth, she was proudly sporting her nice rack or hangers? Hopefully it wil be on youtube . Anyways.. good catch !

Crafty Angler
08-07-2008, 10:10 PM
Nope, fine specimen, if I'm any judge.

Raven
08-07-2008, 10:47 PM
thats goin right fine with this irish ale

thats quite the tale....:smokin:

mikrok
08-07-2008, 11:27 PM
I've heard about this Tems Flyway...I must go there

keeperreaper
08-08-2008, 03:22 AM
Nice report.

Flaptail
08-08-2008, 05:59 AM
The gods like you, you blessed.

kenyee
08-08-2008, 08:24 AM
reports like this aren't believable without a picture or video ;-)

likwid
08-08-2008, 08:29 AM
I sit back and the next thing I hear is "Hey, you guys, look at this!". I look over the rail and sure enough, one of the blondes is standing in front of house with...well, the top half of her dress is around her waist, her arms are in the air and she's swinging back and forth yelling "WOO WOO! WOO WOO!"

And you didn't have a camera ready.

:hs:

You hate freedom. :hihi:

Crafty Angler
08-08-2008, 08:41 AM
reports like this aren't believable without a picture or video ;-)

:agree:

Hence my request:

So I guess the bottom line is, if any of you guys see this on YouTube with my house in the background, could you please send me the link?

I wasn't kidding.

HEYYYY-OOOOOO!!! :humpty::humpty::humpty:

Squibby17
08-08-2008, 08:41 AM
Glad you got to see quite a show :lurk:

Mr. Sandman
08-08-2008, 08:43 AM
:devil2:Clean livin...that is why good stuff like that happens to you.

Tomorrow, I expect to here a Penthouse Forum-like description on what happened when you went over to to check up on the girls.:devil2:

Crafty Angler
08-08-2008, 08:59 AM
:devil2:Clean livin...that is why good stuff like that happens to you.

Tomorrow, I expect to here a Penthouse Forum-like description on what happened when you went over to to check up on the girls.:devil2:

Well, Jim, on point #1 I prefer to think of it as karma :hihi:

And on point #2, well...to tell you the truth, I'm just an old porch dog and my bark is considerably worse than my bite. I'm also pretty cautious about just how long and how loud I bark, and who may be within earshot to...uh...misinterpret it, if you get my drift.

I really don't want to find myself sitting at a table with a guy standing next to me saying, "Your Honor, my client strenuously objects to the forced sale of his collection of fishing equipment as part of this settlement and denies any wrongdoing on his part!" :err:

You know, an old fool and his accumulated net worth are soon parted.

However, I do maintain my right to continue as an avid devotee of...I dunno, birdwatching I guess. Strictly scientific interest, of course.

Gaaaahahaha :rotflmao: OMG, I just thought of another incident - nope, not now, I'll save it for another time - like maybe this winter when we could all use a good laugh.

It must be karma :)

FishermanTim
08-08-2008, 12:22 PM
It definitely is karma.

Here's my contribution to this thread:

about 8-10 years back I used to frequent the downtown club scene at Axis on Lansdowne St. I stopped VOLUNTARILY when I turned 40, yet I wasn't a lounge lizard. Anyway, this one Saturday night after a rousing night of drinking and dancing I was heading down to Kenmore Sqaure for some snack and a taxi home. While heading up Lansdowne St. there was a crowd gathering just inside the lower parking garage across from the Fenway's Green Monster. There was one of those make-shift drum street performers really getting his groove on, and doing a good job at it.
The fun for me was that there were a couple of couples standing next to me (good looking college chicks and their boyfriends). Well, at some point one of the guys who had been standing behind his girl decided to move over to get a better look at the drummer, and his girlfriend didn't notice. Instead she just move back into who she thought was her guy, but was actually me.:kewl: That in itself was comical enough, except that she was feeling a little frisky, and decided to give her man a frisky reach-around to fondle his junk.:heybaby: You can only imagine the look on her face when she noticed her guy standing to her right, and turning around to face me, grinning from ear to ear.:D
I thanked her and proceeded on my way, noting the many shades of red on her face.:laughs::laughs:

Then there's my first flight on Airlingus back in '92, but that too is for another day.:cheers:

Some say that we make these things up, but if you haven't lived our lives, or walked in our shoes, how do you know?

Mr. Sandman
08-14-2008, 02:57 PM
So...headed out with a buddy for a few hours of fishing and a loong walk. Very slow fishing, probably the slowest I've seen this entire season. We made the long walk back to the parking lot which is off the beaten path, its past midnight and we here some giggles, naughty screams, and drunkin laughter...all female. My friend turns to me and says, what do you think that is? Awe, it's August and there is a lot of sex on the beach this year I would bet something of that nature is ahead...
As we approached they see us and run ahead towards the dune and path to the lot. My truck and their car were parked next to each other and the only one in the lot They got to the vehicle first and as I approached I hit the button on the key fob to light up the world. Well, there was some scrambling going on but everything was in clear sight.:eyes: They asked how the fishing was...my response was not as fun as the swimming must have been. (I thought about making a lewd comment about the size of my friends rod but refrained) More laughter....they got dressed and sped off 5 partially clothed babes in a island bomb of a car with the strong smell of booze in the air. See you later boys!!!!!!! heheheheheh
My friend says..."That was the best part of the night!"...yep...it wasn't a total bust (pun intended). Gotta luv MV in August even if the surf fishing is slow.

PaulS
08-14-2008, 03:17 PM
your not a true birdwatcher until you have a camera ready at all times. Practice up on your night photography bc the rarest birds come out at night. You don't want to use a flash and scare them away.

1dozenraw
08-14-2008, 03:33 PM
Happened about 10 times the last time I went to Fenway and sat in the right field bleachers. Good game too.

Striperknight
08-14-2008, 04:12 PM
Sweet.:faga: