View Full Version : Striper Cup Leaderboard updated

nightfighter
08-08-2008, 11:42 AM
S-B moved into fourth place. Redlite's first 46 is counted. Too bad the total will only go up 14 points with his second, since they'll have to take out his 30 odd pound fish, not the tenth place fish. Anyone else have fish weighed in their waiting to see posted to the leaderboard? OTW is awfully slow at updating....Piemma's fish hasn't even been counted towards his team's total, and Redlite's doesn't show up on the forty pounder list, whixh is why I am assuming that is his first 46#.....

Back Beach
08-08-2008, 12:02 PM
There's another 46 from Redlite, a 37, and a 32 yet to show up that have been entered. We need a bunch of surf 40's to really climb the ladder though. Nothing under 33# surf or 40# boat should be kept for the purpose of our team total from here on in.

Mike P
08-08-2008, 12:15 PM
RISAA is going to shoot past us once Peter Vican's fish gets added in.

I don't think we can catch Team Striper but I think we can grab third--maybe second.

Circlehook
08-08-2008, 12:19 PM
We still have 7 full weeks (so does everyone else though) and this is about the time we put the weight on last year..:gu:

luds
08-08-2008, 01:20 PM
As Back Beach said we need a bunch of surf caught 40+ fish. I figured it out the other day (may have changed a little since then) but we need 4 surf caught fish @ a 42 pound average and they need to be by anglers that are not already on the board.

redlite
08-08-2008, 08:49 PM
what is goin on this year? how many people we got fishin for our TEAM? don't we got some boat guys out here that can throw up a slammer? come on we can do this.....

Sea Dangles
08-08-2008, 10:00 PM
Look for Team Striper's totals to increase as I got word this morning of another 51.5# caught by Bruce Coletti on a livie in Connecticut. It really is a shame this tournament ends so early. I would think as a matter of pride SB.com would put together some quality catches to make it a contest in the surf division. Jersey Shore has been dead for a month and NIB refuses to represent unless flown in on a private jet to Otis. Complete with motorcade to the canal and fireworks from the Sagamore upon launching the first cast.

Slipknot
08-08-2008, 10:12 PM
I can take care of the fireworks for NIB , but someone else will have to step up for those other demands :rotflmao:

good luck to all

I have always thought it ended too soon

NIB
08-09-2008, 02:49 AM
Chris, It's the motorcade.The drivers are on strike.Something about too many fart like smells emanating from the rear of the NIB #1 vehicle.
Believe Me, I had planned to be up there quite a bit this summer. It just did not pan out.Not that it would matter much to wards our standings.:fishin:
I miss Ur funny jokes....Yawn:biglaugh:..'
Hey Slip,
B-R-E-T...Bret,Bret,Bret...

Back Beach
08-09-2008, 05:09 AM
I'll worry about the leader board on the last day of the tourney. Still a lot of time left and anything can happen. :fishin:

ProfessorM
08-09-2008, 08:40 AM
I'm tryin. I had 2 pretty decent fish a week or 2 ago but didn't weigh them in because I am a lazy moron. Not sure it would have made much of a difference as I am in the boat cat. I need to redeem myself for being stupid.

mikrok
08-09-2008, 09:23 AM
this may sound dumb, but it is too late to sign up for team s-b? I haven't joined the tourney...never gave it much thought up until now. any pre-requ.'s for joining you guys?

doc
08-09-2008, 03:51 PM
can these fish be documented with a photo and/or a witness, weighed and released...?

steve
08-09-2008, 04:04 PM
I don't think Peter Vican is entered in OTW contest unfortunatley. He's a catch and release man. RISSA would be close or on top if he was.

ProfessorM
08-10-2008, 06:04 PM
Actually dragged my butt down and weighted in a 40 lber this morning for the cause, hope it helps a little. When's this thing end? As you can tell I am well informed:rollem:

5/0
08-10-2008, 06:11 PM
Actually dragged my butt down and weighted in a 40 lber this morning for the cause, hope it helps a little. When's this thing end? As you can tell I am well informed:rollem:

Nice fish Paul:smokin:

RIJIMMY
08-11-2008, 09:41 AM
what is goin on this year? how many people we got fishin for our TEAM? don't we got some boat guys out here that can throw up a slammer? come on we can do this.....

Im tryin, largest this year has been 29. Still some time left :musc:

Circlehook
08-11-2008, 09:58 AM
Professor, was that was a boat fish?

angler229
08-11-2008, 11:00 AM

Last day to weigh fish is September 21 by 6pm.

Rockport24
08-11-2008, 11:49 AM
can these fish be documented with a photo and/or a witness, weighed and released...?

they have to be weighed in for any of the prizes, but they will award pins for catch and release

ProfessorM
08-11-2008, 02:18 PM
Boat fish. Sept. 21 good still plenty of time to redeem myself. One more question. How many fish can you weigh in per week? 1 per day I would assume. Thanks

Diggin Jiggin
08-11-2008, 02:24 PM
Paul, you can only weigh in 1 fish per week, and you can only have 2 of your teams top 10 fish....

ProfessorM
08-11-2008, 02:50 PM
thank you. When does the week start, Monday to Sunday?

Circlehook
08-11-2008, 03:06 PM
On The Water has our total at 417.68, but if you add up our points on there we should have 431.96. Not enough to move up a place, but at least a little closer....

angler229
08-11-2008, 03:34 PM
thank you. When does the week start, Monday to Sunday?

Yup weeks are Monday to Sunday.

BassDawg
08-12-2008, 04:05 AM
i ALSO think that 9/21 is Waaaay too early to end the tourney!!

especially for us NShorians ~~whose LAHHHHGE don't show until
September's New and hang till November's New, or thereabouts!!

still too early to toss in the proverbial towels, gents!!

i'm praying for bigger surf and a coupla sixties, from the shore.
that should put us right over the TOP, and me own mitts into the
keys bowl for the Tundra!!!!

gotts ta DREAM big, i always say..............
and keep wetting lines :bl: :bl: :bl:

Mike P
08-12-2008, 09:20 PM
The reason it ends so early is that a major sponsor is Harpoon brewery, and they want the awards ceremony to coincide with the start of their Octoberfest. OTW needs at least a week to compile all the late results, and have the winning team's name engraved on the brass square that's attached to the base of the Cup.

I mean--what would the awards ceremony be without the oompah band and free beer. :rollem:

You want the winning team to drink Pepsi from the Cup?

NIB
08-12-2008, 09:59 PM
The reason it ends so early is that a major sponsor is Harpoon brewery, and they want the awards ceremony to coincide with the start of their Octoberfest. OTW needs at least a week to compile all the late results, and have the winning team's name engraved on the brass square that's attached to the base of the Cup.

I mean--what would the awards ceremony be without the oompah band and free beer. :rollem:

Haven't we gone over this about a million times..
It is what it is..It is the same for everyone.It is certainly not better for us down here in NJ..
You guys need to stop the bitching an go fishin.Seems like you have some quality fish up there.

nightfighter
08-15-2008, 04:50 PM
Paul and Dan's fish have made the board. Team S-B lurking in the hunt for second place.... Have to see some fifty point fish soon if we are going to make a run.

Of course I have yet to weigh a fish, and can only entice bloos for the past couple of weeks....:af:

american spirit
08-15-2008, 07:53 PM
something has to happen in the next 2 weeks for north shore guys to contribute.

Squid kids Dad
08-15-2008, 08:34 PM

Pepsi would be better than that swill..Of course I'm used to Bud Light:buds:

BassDawg
08-15-2008, 09:19 PM
Harpoon's not that Baaaaaad!

i would prefer Sam's, or Stella, or Red Stripe, or
Pacifico, or Anchor Steam, or Guiness, or BASS Ale,
or Amstel, or LaBatt's, or Molsen Golden, or
Boston Beerworks Blueberry Ale just before a Sox Game, or

yup, SquidKD, maybe it is SWILL!!
:uhuh: :uhuh: :uhuh:

Nebe
08-15-2008, 09:20 PM
would you prefer if naragansett beer sponsored it?? :yak:

NIB
08-15-2008, 09:40 PM
I see they have put up redlite(MIKE) as angler of the year with a awesome 5 fish total of 185 lbs..:claps:
I quickly looked thru the board as I recalled Rob Taylor had some impressive fish.I came up with his total with a even more awesome 203 lbs.:claps:
I could be wrong.I just looked at what is posted.
Youth is not wasted on the young with these 2 guys..
Both of em Excellent anglers with insatiable drive.
Awesome job..
There is also a guy Named Jing Huang who has a chance to fit in there.He has the early weight(4 fish @152 lbs) he just needs to add to it..

redlite
08-15-2008, 09:47 PM
i've been tryin to figure out for the past 2 days how the heck they figure I am in 1st place. rob taylor should be.

NIB
08-15-2008, 09:59 PM
i've been tryin to figure out for the past 2 days how the heck they figure I am in 1st place. rob taylor should be.

It's all good.They had my four fish total up there for quite some time.I actually have 5 fish at 159..
I think Willie B. must be swamped with weigh slips..
I bet a computer person could write a program for him in five minutes where they just have to log fish and angler in an they go where they are supposed to..
Why don't one of you puter dudes anti up..
Mike,Go get some bigger ones with the bastard rod..
You got it in ya..There's almost four good sets of tides left..
Rob is having a off the charts year..:eek5:

hyefisherman2
08-15-2008, 10:02 PM

just go with the flow. :grins:

Pete_G
08-15-2008, 10:18 PM
Rob is having a off the charts year..:eek5:

He added to it a couple nights ago. We were fishing side by side, I pulled schoolies, he pulled a 39# fish... :fishin:

NIB
08-15-2008, 10:30 PM
He added to it a couple nights ago. We were fishing side by side, I pulled schoolies, he pulled a 39# fish... :fishin:

He's just ADDING to the Awesome.
I remember giving Rob words of encouragement a few years ago.
He is a good kid.I knew he had it in him..It seemed everywhere I went up there I would turn around and he would be behind me..
He's knows it's all cool..I thought to myself why wasn't I doing this when I was 20..I can't even remember that long ago..

In retrospect I probably should've kept my mouth shut..:)

Ya right..:grins:

hyefisherman2
08-15-2008, 10:30 PM

same plugs/presentation? or were each of you doing your own thing?

Pete_G
08-16-2008, 07:31 AM
same plugs/presentation? or were each of you doing your own thing?

Nah, typical brigtht moonlight action. He had a rigged eel and I had plastic. I should know better. The spot we were at always delivers big on the moon but you have to have an eel.

hyefisherman2
08-16-2008, 07:33 AM
o well dont beat your self up over it pete....we all make plenty of mistakes out there!

Pete_G
08-16-2008, 07:40 AM
o well dont beat your self up over it pete....we all make plenty of mistakes out there!

I don't mind, I don't think anyone from shore can keep up with Rob this season. I've had my times outfishing him, just not lately. :)

hyefisherman2
08-16-2008, 07:53 AM
I don't mind, I don't think anyone from shore can keep up with Rob this season. I've had my times outfishing him, just not lately. :)

LOL yes, he has racked up some nice fish this year. :heybaby:

Clogston29
08-17-2008, 09:24 AM
Nah, typical brigtht moonlight action. He had a rigged eel and I had plastic. I should know better. The spot we were at always delivers big on the moon but you have to have an eel.

riggies and a full moon are a good combo. was in a slow pick of 15 to low 20's on livies the other night, switched to a big ass riggie and bang. weighing it in this afternoon. About 36, hopefully it won't make the top 10 for S-B at end of season.

ProfessorM
08-17-2008, 09:53 AM
nice fish

numbskull
08-17-2008, 10:43 AM
GREAT fish any night, but particularly with a bright moon.

Clogston29
08-17-2008, 05:58 PM
36.8 official. this is a fish that really shouldn't have happened for me. being the idiot that i am, i completely forgot to reregister my car this month and got pulled over on my way to fish at around midnight. trooper told me that I'd be towed and went back to his car to call it in. came back and told me that he wasn't going to have me towed (i'm guessing there was no truck available at the time) and instructed me to drive right home and reregister on-line. so i'm 10 minutes from where i was gonna fish and 45 minutes from home and dejected. it occured to me to swing by my mom's house (only 20 min. away) and register from there so I did and ended up only losing about an hour of fishing time. i'm glad i thought of that and didn't just call it a night.

Diggin Jiggin
08-17-2008, 07:25 PM
Its great when you get a good fish on sunday as you can weigh anotherthe next day. Now you just gotta go back and get another one for tomorrow !

Pete_G
08-17-2008, 07:35 PM
36.8 official. this is a fish that really shouldn't have happened for me. being the idiot that i am, i completely forgot to reregister my car this month and got pulled over on my way to fish at around midnight. trooper told me that I'd be towed and went back to his car to call it in. came back and told me that he wasn't going to have me towed (i'm guessing there was no truck available at the time) and instructed me to drive right home and reregister on-line. so i'm 10 minutes from where i was gonna fish and 45 minutes from home and dejected. it occured to me to swing by my mom's house (only 20 min. away) and register from there so I did and ended up only losing about an hour of fishing time. i'm glad i thought of that and didn't just call it a night.

Somehow those trips that don't go perfectly always seem to end up the best.

I almost get nervous when things go TOO well prior to hitting the water.

Pete F.
08-18-2008, 12:34 AM
Somehow those trips that don't go perfectly always seem to end up the best.

I almost get nervous when things go TOO well prior to hitting the water.
And then you get a fish on the first cast.

BassDawg
08-18-2008, 03:13 AM
would you prefer if naragansett beer sponsored it?? :yak:

definitely NOTTT!!

that shizite is only good if/when they give it away at RISSA's Show
:1poke: :1poke: :1poke:

EXCELLENT fish Clogs!!
should be some nice sized girls from
here on in, not near enuff moons left in the tourney.

Rob IS tha Man, this year,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
at 48, i STILL hope to give the youngin' a run
for his money........shore wish i'd have found this game
in MY 20's. keep eeeeeeeelin' them, Roberto!! Good Show!!
:bl: :bl: :bl: :bl:

The Dad Fisherman
08-18-2008, 07:05 AM
Josh, Nice Fish....:kewl:

Fishing's been super sloooooow for me...nice to see somebody doing well.

hyefisherman2
08-18-2008, 08:54 AM
nice fish clogs!

Pete_G
08-18-2008, 09:18 AM
keep eeeeeeeelin' them, Roberto!! Good Show!!

That 39 is the only eel fish, all the others are plugs, and the big one was a topwater.

shadow
08-18-2008, 10:41 AM
I have always considered a rigged eel a plug myself depends on who u ask.

Back Beach
08-18-2008, 10:46 AM
riggies and a full moon are a good combo. was in a slow pick of 15 to low 20's on livies the other night, switched to a big ass riggie and bang. weighing it in this afternoon. About 36, hopefully it won't make the top 10 for S-B at end of season.

Nice catch Josh. Was it a traditional 2 siwash hook riggie or did you have a swimmer plate on it? Just curious.

Clogston29
08-18-2008, 11:17 AM
traditional 2 siwash

Back Beach
08-18-2008, 11:54 AM
traditional 2 siwash

That's great. Hopefully your arms are still attached. For whatever reason, they hit those things real hard.

JohnR
08-18-2008, 12:09 PM
Nice fish Josh :btu:

Clogston29
08-18-2008, 01:09 PM
That's great. Hopefully your arms are still attached. For whatever reason, they hit those things real hard.

that's the truth, this was up there with the hardest hits i've ever had (felt even harder since i've been fishing mostly live eels lately). solid hookup with the tail hook and the rig held together well.

Back Beach
08-18-2008, 01:23 PM
that's the truth, this was up there with the hardest hits i've ever had (felt even harder since i've been fishing mostly live eels lately). solid hookup with the tail hook and the rig held together well.

Using braid to the tail hook or other? Sorry to make you puke up all the secrets. I can pm if you want. I rig mine Al B. style and was curious as to what others are doing.

Clogston29
08-18-2008, 01:38 PM
i rig them A.B. style too. only rigged a few and this was actually the first fish that i landed on one. doubled 50 lb dacron to the tail hook.

the only thing I do different than Al is that I don't solder the hook. i use a metal epoxy putty and form the bulge to tie the head off to with that. i basically mold a thin layer of the putty around the hook shank with a bulge about 1/2" down from the eye and through the eye of the hook and it holds in place well. it doesn't hold well if you just form the bulge on the hook (relying on shear bond) and don't "tie" it through the eye of the hook.

Back Beach
08-18-2008, 02:17 PM
i rig them A.B. style too. only rigged a few and this was actually the first fish that i landed on one. doubled 50 lb dacron to the tail hook.

the only thing I do different than Al is that I don't solder the hook. i use a metal epoxy putty and form the bulge to tie the head off to with that. i basically mold a thin layer of the putty around the hook shank with a bulge about 1/2" down from the eye and through the eye of the hook and it holds in place well. it doesn't hold well if you just form the bulge on the hook (relying on shear bond) and don't "tie" it through the eye of the hook.

Cool. Glad to hear it worked out. Your story is like many I've experienced with regard to bigger fish taking the rigged over the live. One night at Highland light several years ago we were catching 20# fish and Al B's partner John joined us and began taking upper 30# fish right in front of us on the rigged . It happened many more times too.

The Dad Fisherman
08-18-2008, 02:55 PM
Do you fish the rigged like the lives with a slow retrieve or do you have to impart a little action on them.

Once again my curiosity is peaked :hee:

nightfighter
08-22-2008, 06:33 PM
Board updated....incorrectly......
Josh's fish puts us up nicely. RISSA is listed with our total points:smash: 30 more points than their fish total. Well, at least the kid they must have doing updates will be in school again very soon.

hyefisherman2
08-22-2008, 06:47 PM
Board updated....incorrectly......
Josh's fish puts us up nicely. RISSA is listed with our total points:smash: 30 more points than their fish total. Well, at least the kid they must have doing updates will be in school again very soon.

Hey i take offense to that! :fury:

nightfighter
08-22-2008, 07:01 PM
Well then you do the math, take a look at what's posted, and tell me whether you would be willing to have someone on your payroll with that job performance. It is just a rant about the state of the American worker, and American schooling that probably belongs in the Grumpy forum.

NIB
08-23-2008, 02:57 AM
Looks like they have updated Rob Taylor to 1st place..
I also noticed Mike(redlite) got another 40..posted 8/20 :huh:
I think that gives him somewhere around 200 lbs..incredible numbers..Certainly worth a mention.too bad for you guys he can only post 2 fish towards the team total..
John would be changing his name to Mike..:rolleyes:

NIB
08-23-2008, 03:00 AM
Well then you do the math, take a look at what's posted, and tell me whether you would be willing to have someone on your payroll with that job performance. It is just a rant about the state of the American worker, and American schooling that probably belongs in the Grumpy forum.

Hey the guy works for a fishing Magazine..
I don't think you had to be a math major to do that.Just as I don't have to be a english major to post on the internet.:spin:.
I would imagine the paperwork flooding in..He already has regular duties.Now he has this mess to sort thru.As long as they get it rightin the end is all that matters..:claps:

nightfighter
08-23-2008, 03:27 AM
Nope. I hafta disagree with ya on this one Nibula. Given that OTW has taken money in exchange for running a tournament, they are accountable to get it right. We're talking how many thousand entries at $15.00???
Put in some perspective...I'm the GC. You are my tile guy. Takes 4 weeks to get the tile delivered after ordering. You tell me to get XXX square feet for the job. You lay thr tile, but are short by x square feet. You get it right in the end, but......

Tony, you still have had another awesome year.

Time to go fishing.

Clogston29
08-23-2008, 09:02 AM
i think we've got them right were we want them, time for a late run at this thing boys. got a good feeling about the next 10 nights if the weather cooperates.

jim sylvester
08-23-2008, 09:23 AM
it aint over till the fat lady sings...check the other thread;)

The Dad Fisherman
08-23-2008, 10:39 AM
Could have been that it was just put in the wrong cell in a spreadsheet I doubt he's figuring everythng out with a paper and pencil. How do you know that its the guy running the tournament and not the company thats hosting/maintaining the website that got it wrong....and its no big deal as long as it is right at the end.

I've had to call the guy twice already to fix a couple of things that weren't his fault but made the website. one was a slip he got that was filled out wrong (had the weight in the length field and vica versa) and one where a fish was caught on a boat and was entered incorrectly as a surf fish. Guy that brought it to the weigh station even made sure to tell the guy it was a boat fish but the slip still went in as a surf, he saw it on the website and told me about it so I could straighten it out.

I'm sure that we aren't the only group this is happening to so The guy is probably dealing with it on a daily basis considering the size of the tournament.

If you see something wrong just give the guy a call and bring it to his attention....he'll fix it.

numbskull
08-23-2008, 11:43 AM
?
Put in some perspective...I'm the GC. You are my tile guy. Takes 4 weeks to get the tile delivered after ordering. You tell me to get XXX square feet for the job. You lay thr tile, but are short by x square feet. ......

Simple. At this point you call in NIB. He uses his new camera to make a correctly sized montage picture of his butt, installs it, and you tell the client how lucky he is to have a timeless work of art installed in his kitchen floor. No doubt his wife and dog will like it , too.

rockhopin2
08-23-2008, 11:35 PM
:rumble::rumble:i think we've got them right were we want them, time for a late run at this thing boys. got a good feeling about the next 10 nights if the weather cooperates.

high tide in 2 hours

NIB
08-24-2008, 05:43 AM
Simple. At this point you call in NIB. He uses his new camera to make a correctly sized montage picture of his butt, installs it, and you tell the client how lucky he is to have a timeless work of art installed in his kitchen floor. No doubt his wife and dog will like it , too.

Brilliant!:bshake::tooth:

nightfighter
09-01-2008, 04:27 PM
Any fish weighed in this weekend?

NIB
09-05-2008, 01:54 AM
This one..

nightfighter
09-05-2008, 06:06 AM
Attaboy Tony. Sorry we didn't catch up on your trip north.

Slipknot
09-05-2008, 07:42 AM
This one..

NICE! :btu:
that fat cow makes you look svelt :wave:
we still got fishing to do
oh well, I guess it's time to make the cabinets

:pats:

BassDawg
09-05-2008, 08:52 AM
Nice One, Tony!!
:claps: :claps: :claps: