View Full Version : Fall feel

ProfessorM
08-09-2008, 06:39 PM
Man the shadows cast now by the sun are getting longer and I hear crickets during the day light hours which is a sure sign to me that fall is coming too darn fast.What a beautiful day.

justplugit
08-09-2008, 08:16 PM
Sleigh bell crickets out last week= 8 weeks till frost.

Sept, Oct, Nov,best time of the year imho. :)

Mr. Krinkle
08-09-2008, 09:24 PM
I left my house at 11 this morning and my temp gauge said 70. Just a few more weeks and a nice noreaster and we should be in business here on Long Island.

gone fishin
08-09-2008, 09:32 PM
The way this summer has been, I for one will welcome the cool breezezs of fall and the return to the coastline of the fall run. Another few weeks and access to the sand at PI will become a reality.:pats:

spence
08-10-2008, 07:19 AM
If it wasn't for the high humidity it would be September...coming early.

-spence

Adam_777
08-10-2008, 09:30 AM
This is great news !I wish it was fall year round!

The Dad Fisherman
08-10-2008, 12:30 PM
I was just mentioning to my wife yesterday the the cloud paterns in the sky reminded me of what you see in the fall.

fall is the best season....to bad it is followed by winter

Mr. Sandman
08-10-2008, 01:36 PM
I think we are going to have a really nice fall. Like you said it feels like we are here now...water warm air cool. Turned off the AC and have the windows open...man is that breeze nice! A nice Indian summer will be sweet in late Sept...barring any major storms.

Slingah
08-10-2008, 01:46 PM
I was just mentioning to my wife yesterday the the cloud paterns in the sky reminded me of what you see in the fall.

fall is the best season....to bad it is followed by winter

I said the exact same thing to my wife Kevin...and think of the changing seasons the same as you.....
today was a great beach day...till we got pushed off by the rain

ProfessorM
08-10-2008, 06:14 PM
I have really enjoyed looking at the clouds this year. Today the were exceptional. We went 6 weeks without a drop of rain this year while only 20 miles away they had plenty. I would watched the storm clouds go by as the rain went by too. Last nite in the boat was cool almost cold and I donned a coat at about 3 am, I was freezing. I do love fall but dread what comes after. I hate winter, sorry Karl.

gldnbear93
08-13-2008, 05:12 AM
I went for my bicycle ride this monring and it was the first one where the cool air cut through my gloves. it was a little chilly this monring.....

nice ride though-no one else out at that early hour

BigFish
08-13-2008, 05:15 AM
I said the exact same thing to my wife Kevin...and think of the changing seasons the same as you.....
today was a great beach day...till we got pushed off by the rain

I thought your wifes name was Debbie???:tooth:

Flaptail
08-13-2008, 06:01 AM
Still some summer left boys don't be fooled. Me I am looking forward to September 19th through October 6th. Nothing to do but fish and I beleive it will be great this year, even out Karl's way.