View Full Version : North or South

Emily Rose
08-14-2008, 12:16 PM
I've got a (Stripers and Blues) fishing derby this weekend. Been out of commission for a few weeks but the boat is now back in the water. Tryinig to determine if I should head over into Cape Cod Bay to Billingsgate or Race pt, or down around the Elizabethians? Anybody been marking and catching anything of size?

Thanks,
Dave

ProfessorM
08-14-2008, 12:37 PM
CC Bay is very hit or miss ,I can vouch for this info as I put in a lot of time out there. I had 5 decent fish on Sun. and got skunked yesterday. I have been skunked 3 times this year, since mid July. Look at the comm. poundage so far and you will see it is quite slow everywhere. I hear the Race is a lot of smalls to keeper ratio, Billingsgate has lots of blues and also hit or miss bass, Ele. I have no idea but probably your better bet.Good luck you will need it. P.

big jay
08-14-2008, 12:48 PM
Listen to the professor.

ProfessorM
08-14-2008, 12:54 PM
Hey Big J were you out yesterday around 9 or 10 off Sandy Neck looking for blues maybe, tuna bait. I thought I saw a boat that looked just like yours. What is your boats name again? I forgot.

Emily Rose
08-14-2008, 02:37 PM
Thanks Professor. Anybody got any recent activity around the Elizabethans?

Regards,
Dave

big jay
08-14-2008, 08:53 PM
Paul - My dad had a charter yesterday, so that was probably him (I wasn't on the boat). I know he was over at Billingsgate for most of the day, but we usually stop and check a few spots near there on the way over.
Boat name is Laura-Jay. (much cooler name when I was 12).

striperman36
08-14-2008, 08:59 PM
Thanks Professor. Anybody got any recent activity around the Elizabethans?

Regards,
Dave

Same as the Prof. Water is too warm. Bass are farther east